The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, Broken Algorithms said:

It's not though really. There'll still be negotiations ongoing with some players, some players might verbally have agreed to sign a deal but they're away on holiday (and the club don't want a repeat of the Paul McManus fiasco). 

Arnott was the most fringe of all the fringe players we have. Hopefully he can kick on and get game time at Bonnyrigg. I'd rather the club took the time they needed rather than getting pressured into releasing statements about who we've spoken to because Bonnyrigg are wanting to announce a signing. 

Aye OK Broken Algorithms.  But I think what was meant was a one line statement that Arnott had left.  No need to mention any other player.  Surely better to hear from our club one of our players has left, is it not?

5 minutes ago, Arthur Reid McDermott said:

Aye OK Broken Algorithms.  But I think what was meant was a one line statement that Arnott had left.  No need to mention any other player.  Surely better to hear from our club one of our players has left, is it not?

It would. Though the majority, if not all of the posts and updates from the club this week have been late afternoon, early evening. Its possible that those responsible have other things to do prior to that. There will be an update i'm sure. 

5 minutes ago, Arthur Reid McDermott said:

I'd argue the opposite.

I think it would look very unorganised if the club were releasing statements every other day for individual players, particularly if you have other players weighing up their options.

The club will likely want to generate excitement and a buzz on social media with any contract extensions or new signings so it works better on that front too.  Otherwise you'll get folk speculating over players who have already agreed terms. 

I really don't think anyone can level a criticism at the club over a lack of clarity in news updates over the last year. The club are damned if they do, and damned if they don't on this front. 

Fwiw, Scott McGill has posted on his Instagram he'll be moving on. 

1 hour ago, CountryBumpkin said:

I'm sure a statement like that will come out in due course. Bonnyrigg have announced the signing first, as is their right. 

All the best to Aaron in the future

If what I'm hearing is true that will be very short lived.

3 minutes ago, ohnononowheredidRossgo said:

Boys will be boys. Bonnyrigg won't be in Europe anytime soon so sure he'll be ok.

Bit more serious than boys will be boys, apparently the plane had to get turned round and he was arrested at Bristol. Will just wait and see what happens as an article should come out if what happened is true.

3 minutes ago, SouthStander1876 said:

Bit more serious than boys will be boys, apparently the plane had to get turned round and he was arrested at Bristol. Will just wait and see what happens as an article should come out if what happened is true.

Ah, not good......still Bristol isn't a bad night out for everyone else on the plane that isn't getting lifted.

9 minutes ago, SouthStander1876 said:

Well

Screenshot_20240604-160536.png

1 hour ago, Broken Algorithms said:

I'd argue the opposite.

I think it would look very unorganised if the club were releasing statements every other day for individual players, particularly if you have other players weighing up their options.

The club will likely want to generate excitement and a buzz on social media with any contract extensions or new signings so it works better on that front too.  Otherwise you'll get folk speculating over players who have already agreed terms. 

I really don't think anyone can level a criticism at the club over a lack of clarity in news updates over the last year. The club are damned if they do, and damned if they don't on this front. 

Fwiw, Scott McGill has posted on his Instagram he'll be moving on. 

Understandable as he will know that our squad should be even stronger next season so he would likely be a squad player again.  He's at an age where he needs to start getting regular football.  If he can drop to League 1 and stay full time (think that would mean ICT, QOS or Cove???) then I'm sure he'll go on to have a decent career.

1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

Well

Screenshot_20240604-160536.png

Plane has just arrived in Ibiza.  You'd be absolutely raging if some drunken arse caused you a 5 hour delay at the start of your holiday.

4 minutes ago, AllanJM said:

Plane has just arrived in Ibiza.  You'd be absolutely raging if some drunken arse caused you a 5 hour delay at the start of your holiday.

It's a plane to Ibiza, it could be any person on it at any moment.