The New Raith Rovers Thread

Fordyce signing. Stevenson signing and video. Easton signing and video.  Dick tweet. Season ticket prices and video (can’t stop playing the song). Barrowman interview. Byrne signing and video.

Have I missed anything?

What a summer so far. Who would’ve thought the club would be getting things so right off the park.

It’s bloody brilliant. Well done to everyone.

Every time they post a video it gets better and better. This media team are up there with the laddies - excellent! 

I suspect Hanlon will be next! 

Mcneil will stay but expect Corr to move on. He’s too good to be. Bench warmer - or maybe even in the stand with the defenders we have bought now. Needs game time 

No wantin to worry anybody, but the episode of Still Game that the media team edited for the Shaunie Byrne video was called One in, One Out. :D

Who's going......?  :)

Brilliant from the media team to use Still Game, and one of the funniest scenes from it.

Now to get Hanlon announced.....  then the strips........  then a fast pacey goalscoring n.o9........

Some summer so far, and it can still get better!

Dylan Corr rejected our contract offer. No shock, needs game time he probably won't be guaranteed at Raith. All the best to him in the future, lots of potential there.

3 minutes ago, Ex Machina said:

Dylan Corr rejected our contract offer. No shock, needs game time he probably won't be guaranteed at Raith. All the best to him in the future, lots of potential there.

I was hopeful he would stay as I think he's got potential.  But with Murray, Fordyce and possibly Hanlon, then he would be right down the list when it comes to getting game time unless he was going to just be sent out on loan all season.

4 minutes ago, Heid_The_Baw said:

No wantin to worry anybody, but the episode of Still Game that the media team edited for the Shaunie Byrne video was called One in, One Out. :D

Who's going......?  :)

Brilliant from the media team to use Still Game, and one of the funniest scenes from it.

Now to get Hanlon announced.....  then the strips........  then a fast pacey goalscoring n.o9........

Some summer so far, and it can still get better!

The one out is Dylan Corr

I’d have liked to see Corr stay too - I think there is a player there, but given our current squad and who we are rumoured to be bringing in - I guess he wants to play more, which you can’t begrudge. 

Defo think there is a player there as I say and could have learned a thing or two from the guys in our squad. 

Thats a bit of a disappointment, there is a really good player in there and had we needed to go 3 at the back, probably the right man to fill the right sided position in that back 3. All the best to him wherever he ends up, whoever signs him on will have a good defender on their books. 

25 minutes ago, Ex Machina said:

Thoughts on where he’ll end up?

8 minutes ago, SerieA said:

Renaming Main Stand??

I voted for renaming it.  Everybody will just continue calling it by the same name they always have regardless of it being renamed.  Same with if they managed to sell naming rights for Stark's, take the money.

3 minutes ago, SanStarko said:

I voted for renaming it.  Everybody will just continue calling it by the same name they always have regardless of it being renamed.  Same with if they managed to sell naming rights for Stark's, take the money.

Agreed.

Corr needs to be playing games and we can't guarantee him that, so it's a sensible decision to move on. I presume he has a club lined up.

I would've been happy to see him stay, but he would not be first pick and we have other options to cover at CB, which most probably doesn't sit well with Corr. Hanlon is supposed to be coming in as well and he'll be first pick, so you can certainly understand him leaving. I think he's decent and there's potential there, but currently I don't think he's currently good enough to be first pick for a team that wants to be promoted. 

18 minutes ago, SanStarko said:

I agree with that. If we're getting a good offer to name the stand. As long as Turnbull isn't forgotten and I like the idea that it could be the Turnbull Hutton suite and a commemorative plaque as well, i'm OK with it.

22 minutes ago, SanStarko said:

To be honest I always just call it the Main stand anyway…..

Renaming a board room or hospitality suite or whatever after the great man seems just as fitting. 
Let’s take the money. 

Best of luck to Corr, definitely a player in there but still raw and needs game time so can’t blame him for moving on as he’d likely be “riding the pine” (c) TX at the Rovers.

As for the Main I stand I voted to change the name renaming something else for Turnbull Hutton is fine by me and my only caveat would be that they chat with his family and make sure they’re happy with it as we don’t want to insult or offend them. 

I also voted to change the name - the money and TH still getting recognition makes it a no-brainer.

I also used to be fully anti 'change the stadium name', too. But I think things have shifted from the early days when the stadium was changed to just the brand name. The new model seems to be the 'X brand @ Stark's Park', which is much more palatable and means it is still Stark's Park in name (and everyone will still call it that). If someone is daft enough savvy enough to pay 100k a year for a few words being listed before Stark's Park then roll out the red carpet, too!

29 minutes ago, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

I also voted to change the name - the money and TH still getting recognition makes it a no-brainer.

I also used to be fully anti 'change the stadium name', too. But I think things have shifted from the early days when the stadium was changed to just the brand name. The new model seems to be the 'X brand @ Stark's Park', which is much more palatable and means it is still Stark's Park in name (and everyone will still call it that). If someone is daft enough savvy enough to pay 100k a year for a few words being listed before Stark's Park then roll out the red carpet, too!

That's my view point too. Times are moving on and it's far less of a riddy to be selling the naming rights. In our league alone I think it's only ourselves, Ayr, and Falkirk who don't have some deal in place (Queens Park operate on a different level of fuckery with their shenanigans but did sell the rights on lesser)