The New Raith Rovers Thread

If Murray is genuinely saying we lost due to that then that is as major a concern as is our lack of goals just now. Anyone at that game could see that we lacked any clear ideas as to how to break down QOTS and several members of the squad look like there only concern is being fit for the upcoming games against Hibs and Rangers. Certain players haven't kicked a ball in the last 2-3 months and know that no matter how bad they play their position is safe. Mullen comes in against Morton and by all accounts plays well. He is even praised by Murray for his performance. So what happens...he gets dropped for Thomson who has been shocking recently and was an idiot in getting sent off against Dundee. There was no good reason to bring Thomson back in and it showed with his poor display again.

Vaughan is going to make mistakes and he'll try things which may not come off. It also may not solve our problems but at least he will offer something different to what we are just now. He certainly can't do any worse!

Isn't Spence about 21 and Vaughan 18?

Yeah he is actually. Don't know how I thought that.

I agree with most of what you guys are saying, but Morton gave O'connor the chance and have 4 points from 2 games. We're on a slippery slope now, we have to do something or finish on our usual 7th, and that's not even guaranteed.

Morton also signed five other new players, so not sure that's relevant really. They let Novo go which freed up their has-been's quota. Morton will use about 40 players this season, we'll use 20.

Morton also signed five other new players, so not sure that's relevant really. They let Novo go which freed up their has-been's quota. Morton will use about 40 players this season, we'll use 20.

That's getting into Dalziel territory.

Does anyone know if It was the full first teams who played yesterday in the closed door game with Cowdenbeath or if it was reserves..? If it was reserves who played for us?

Who scored for us? I know spence got 2, but who got the other 3?

Reserves. Think it was Vaughan, Court & Sutherland.

Was the FFP article different from The Courier article? I read the latter which suggested there was no guarantee we'd be bringing any new players in.

Nah they both said, that Drysdale had said "if we can find the right quality of player in the right position" then we'd try and bring in a new face or two but if we can't find the right quality of player in the right position then "we'd be happy to go with what we've got".

Which I think is a bit ridiculous as we clearly don't have the right quality of players at the minute, or we do and their just not managing to get thier full potential out of them.

Nah they both said, that Drysdale had said "if we can find the right quality of player in the right position" then we'd try and bring in a new face or two but if we can't find the right quality of player in the right position then "we'd be happy to go with what we've got".

Which I think is a bit ridiculous as we clearly don't have the right quality of players at the minute, or we do and their just not managing to get thier full potential out of them.

if we've got the right quality of player then why don't we play them lol would give everybody at the club a lift bringing in a couple of players and those that aren't performing Will have to start or find themselves warming the bench. If we lose to alloa and QoS and livi win we're gonna be in 8th place

If we lose to alloa and QoS and livi win we're gonna be in 8th place

That could happen, and if we dont strengthen. Thats where we might just finish. Its a sad state of affairs tbh. I really hope it doesn't come to that, but current form tells its own story.

Saw some roasters posting on the fantalk page about Riorden last night.

At first I thought it must have been a different Riorden as this guy thee ruined sounded like the second coming of Pele.

Playing for free or not we should steer clear. Everyone that's involved in the game know the score. People will be well aware of his attitude and past issues hence why no one is picking him up.

As others say give Vaughan a chance and look to strengthen elsewhere.

I remember MH being told to steer clear of dalziel,don't touch with a barge pole.fukin glad he ignored the advice

Murray has said he was disappointed we didn't score on Saturday given the chances we created? Was he watching the same game as me? I'm struggling to think if we even had a shot on target and even the Rovers Official Match Report confirms we never had a shot on goal in the final 15 minutes. If we were creating chance and chance and the opposition goalkeeper was making brilliant saves then fair enough but that is simply not the case.

We really struggled to create anything in the second half, however, Elliot missed what look a really simple chance with about 15 minutes to go. As for the 1st half, Booth should have done better with a chance from the edge of the box, Callachan hit the post, and Clark had a good save from Anderson at the end of the half. He also had a good chance from a corner right on the whistle. In fairness to them, that's as many good chances as QOS created, which is fairly similar to the week before against Morton. The problem is that in both games, and against Livingston, reasonably decent opening periods, are making way for a pretty stale second half.

Also, while Cardle isn't as lively as he was at the start of the campaign, Booth seems to be bombing forward far less from what I can see, which is far more of a problem.

Cardle seems to be getting a fair bit of stick, but all three of the chances I've mentioned in the first half, were set up by him.

His pass to Anderson for the 1-on-1 was particularly good, so I'm not sure that he's been as bad as folk are suggesting, certainly no-one else set up 3 good goalscoring opportunities during the game. He also set up the first goal that was chalked off against Morton, and had a goal, possibly wrongly, disallowed in the last minute of that game.

We are creating chances, but only in bursts, and not consistently through the game.

On the subject of Joe, his Fiancée has just given birth to a baby girl, both mother and daughter are doing great. fantastic news for a lovely guy.

Congratulations Joe.

Maybe he can borrow one of the wee ones hair bands...