The New Raith Rovers Thread

47 minutes ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

If my arithmetic is correct, 72% of Raith's league games will be on plastic pitches. Not to mention training every day. I refuse to believe the club/player would go ahead with that signing if Hanlon already knew it would be an issue - surely neither is that stupid, and if he didn't know it was an issue I'd be skeptical that anyone can come to that diagnosis after a couple of weeks.

You'd think so. 

On a related note, I heard Chick Young speculating that all the injuries today were down to the plastic pitch. They've obviously all been told to tow the party line about artificial surfaces. 

Well today went as most of us expected, thankfully there is a lot of time and room for improvement, we need young energetic players in and seem the only club incapable of getting them but after today’s result hopefully the board speed things up. It’s a long season but I have been very underwhelmed with our recruitment. Too pedestrian as we can all see, Gibson deserved a start today and honestly jack Hamilton the most frustrating man in our team built like a gladiator but not the heart to match 

19 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

You'd think so. 

On a related note, I heard Chick Young speculating that all the injuries today were down to the plastic pitch. They've obviously all been told to tow the party line about artificial surfaces. 

Heard that interview as well nothing about the football just towing the party line about the narrative of the big bad plastic pitch causing cramp and hamstring injuries, good luck trying to convince people Fordyce's injury was down to the pitch..  Weird that all the rest of the BBC pundits were jizzing themselves over an average Falkirk performance on an inferior plastic pitch on Friday night.

16 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Heard that interview as well nothing about the football just towing the party line about the narrative of the big bad plastic pitch causing cramp and hamstring injuries, good luck trying to convince people Fordyce's injury was down to the pitch..  Weird that all the rest of the BBC pundits were jizzing themselves over an average Falkirk performance on an inferior plastic pitch on Friday night.

Bitterness tastes good in this one ,mmmmmnm. Best plastic pitch in Scotland , new out the box anaw. It's all that jizz  that keeps it so moist to play silky football on 

IMG_0903.JPG

20 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Falkirk pitch is new. Been on it recently and it's very good. 

2 minutes ago, deano25ffc said:

Bitterness tastes good in this one ,mmmmmnm. Best plastic pitch in Scotland , new out the box anaw. It's all that jizz  that keeps it so moist to play silky football on 

IMG_0903.JPG

What are you on about you bellend? If you actually think that his post was a dig at Falkirks pitch then you really are thick. Read it again, use a dictionary to figure out the big words and jog on back to your own thread. f**king idiot... 

49 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

You'd think so. 

In fairness, if that’s what he said, we can pretty much rule it out 

1 minute ago, CountryBumpkin said:

What are you on about you bellend? If you actually think that his post was a dig at Falkirks pitch then you really are thick. Read it again, use a dictionary to figure out the big words and jog on back to your own thread. f**king idiot... 

Oaft, go for a lie down and a glass of water , clearly not taking your start to the season well 

IMG_0989.JPG

Just now, deano25ffc said:

Oaft, go for a lie down and a glass of water , clearly not taking your start to the season well 

IMG_0989.JPG

That's a poor comeback, even from you, just admit you can't read properly and off you pop.

Anyway, just watched that Murray interview and the prevention and treatment of injuries has been an issue for a long time in my opinion. 

Are we getting f**ked around, are there issues with how train? 

McGlynn always got stick for our injuries but we're still getting players out for lengthy times. 

On a side note do Airdrie water their pitch at all? Rovers have the sprinklers on constantly yet it was a warm day today with bright sunshine amd no sign of a sprinkler. 

I'm not using this as an excuse for injuries or us playing shite just interested. 

Concerns: Injuries. Don't for a second think it's the pitches, but it's what happens. Speed. Airdrie showed our present backline is vulnerable to lobs. Crosses into the box. Today we were not accurate like last season...but Mullin hasn't had as much time and Connolly and Easton aren't at their best crossing balls. Shots. We didn't really take any.

Question: Did IM elect to sub on a possibly marginal Hamilton with our last of three sub chances?

2 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Question: Did IM elect to sub on a possibly marginal Hamilton with our last of three sub chances?

IM clearly answered this in the Post Match interview. Hamilton trained well all week.

1 hour ago, Raithie said:

I do have my worries, and we saw this at times last season as well, that Murray doesn't know his strongest 11. If Freeman was fit then he should play rather than shoe horning a midfielder into right back. Vaughan probably shouldn't have started either having only done, what, 3 training sessions? That's a huge risk imo. Today didn't surprise me if I'm honest. Having seen what was served up in pre season/LC groups I had my concerns, I didn't envisage today being as bad as it was but there was no sign of us at any point scoring this afternoon.

Given that Vaughan's replacement injured himself 2mins after coming on, I think we can deduce that Vaughan started out of necessity. It is a bad situation and I am very worried what sort of a lineup we will see next week. 

1 hour ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

You'd think so. 

Still taking direction from Ibrox, then. 

8 minutes ago, Kooz92 said:

IM clearly answered this in the Post Match interview. Hamilton trained well all week.

I'm not convinced. He's not going to say "aye, Jack was a bit tender, but we needed the striker." Vaughan was struggling to keep up after the half, but Jack wasn't shoveled on until pretty late...I'm taking that statement with a grain of salt.

2 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

You'd think so. 

Was listening to his rambling in the car on the way home from the game and I'm pretty sure he described Airdrie's goal as a tap in at the back post, so not sure what game he was watching.

5 hours ago, Michael W said:

This is an incredibly worrying comment from Murray and it's even more worrying if the evidence is supporting it. 

What the hell were we doing in preseason?

What, the whole 4 days of Preseason.

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

I'm not convinced. He's not going to say "aye, Jack was a bit tender, but we needed the striker." Vaughan was struggling to keep up after the half, but Jack wasn't shoveled on until pretty late...I'm taking that statement with a grain of salt.

Aye, right enough when in need of a goal he thought he'd throw on a crippled boy devoid of confidence instead of the 17 year old midfielder who's impressed him that would allow him to push Sam Stanton further forward. 

Don't think there's a lot of the harmony in the team that was there last season. Would think there'll be even less after that interview.

Wasn't at the Airdrie game but what I have noticed is that Fordyce appears reluctant to pass the ball to Murray, even when it's the only option, instead playing it over him to an already marked Stevenson. Was it the same today or am I just blethering pish and it's not an issue.

We're playing as 11 individuals and not a team. Smith up top with Easton as a 10 with Gibson and Mullin on the flanks had us sparking last week when they eventually played together. Why didn't Murray start with that setup? If you have something that obviously worked and you don't utilise it, you have to take a serious look at yourself.

Today was shite. Pretty baffling that Murrays persists with the same formation every time against Airdrie when they clearly have our number. Don't think there was much between the teams but we definitely got what we deserved. When you've been beaten by a team with an inferior squad for the 6th time in a row you really have to ask questions of the manager. Still think we will come good but it's getting a bit worrying how the season has started.