The New Raith Rovers Thread

If it's true that this is down to results since January rather than that being an excuse they're coming up with to hide a behind the scenes falling out, then the timing is bizarre. If failing to win promotion is regarded as putting him on a shoogly peg you sack him after the Ross County game, not after the first league game of the following season.

For reference, this is the 2024 league table.

Screenshot_20240804_124532.thumb.jpg.2ba18fe9ae9ba02a7b29c0a70461231c.jpg

If that record is genuinely being treated as a sackable offence then the only possible conclusions are that Raith's budget is even more massive than expected to the point that it should absolutely be delivering title challenging form, or failing that the board have really unrealistic expectations and will go through managers at an alarming rate with any manager merely delivering top four form over half a season being binned.

1 minute ago, Raithie said:

So Tam Courts then? Worked with McKenzie when at Kelty before going to Dundee Utd. 

Hope not, left Dundee United for "bigger" things and failed miserably. Like Kevin Thomson, done nothing since. 

1 minute ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Didn’t he f**k off to Saudi Arabia a couple of weeks ago? 

I’ve also heard he’s a colossal p***k and comes across as such in interviews with potential employers. 

I think we spoke to him at the same time as we spoke to Brown and it was a hard no on him. 

I'm for one, glad. I've made my feelings clear on Murray since last year. His tactics have been poor, we were really poor from late December, we should have been beaten by Partick in the Playoffs and were comprehensively beaten by County. He has then went on and kept the nucleus of a team that aren't good enough, Mullin, Byrne, Matthews, Hamilton, Easton end probably Smith based on his performances last year. All these guys should have been let go and a new look midfield with a striker should have been signed. Stevenson on a 2 year contract at 36 and Hanlon on a 3 year contract at 34 is absolutely ludicrous. The board are to blame for that as well. 

I wonder if Stevenson and Hanlon might be the next duo?! 

People won't agree, not really bothered. Board obviously seen the same crap as I did and anyone with eyesight really!!