The New Raith Rovers Thread

Unless it is based purely on results and performances, I doubt that the full story behind this decision will be revealed as both parties will more than likely have signed confidentiality clauses if any other matters have arisen.

Overall, not fussed that Murray has gone but slightly worried at who we'll replace him with. 

I hope the village idiots have a plan in place and that we get a decent explanation from Barrowman about what has gone on here. 

Maybe the board are pissed with Murray constantly playing midfielders as defenders when we have a defender on the bench. Maybe they weren't happy with Vaughan playing when he hadn't featured all preseason. 

Maybe the board were upset that we finished a game with 10 men having only made 4 subs.

Maybe they were taken aback by his interview after the game.

30 minutes ago, North West said:

Hahahahahahahahaha

Typical wee as f**k team mentality and a Board with ego going before sound judgement. 

Implosion begins. 

😂😂 Implosion begins..

Dunfermline ain’t the club to be launching ‘implosion’ remarks TBH. Lots of rumours of liquidation and a squad that doesn’t look equipped to compete.

Typical ‘big team’ mentality..losing a million a year, have Mehmet and Chalmers playing in front of dwindling crowds, who for some have asked for refunds on season tickets.

1 minute ago, raith1974 said:

Maybe the board are pissed with Murray constantly playing midfielders as defenders when we have a defender on the bench. Maybe they weren't happy with Vaughan playing when he hadn't featured all preseason. 

Maybe the board were upset that we finished a game with 10 men having only made 4 subs.

10 men with only 4 subs was outwith his control, you only get a set number of windows to make your subs and ours were all used up through a combination of injury/trying to get back into the game.

Couldn't make a 5th sub due to the IFAB rules of the game. These things happen, not sure thats on the manager unless you expect him to be psychic.

I'd also say, as a board they have no say in who the manager starts or decides to play. The job is results based and they have to judge on that. If they were (and they absolutely weren't) judging on which players started, the board should leave. 

Falkirk have arrived and like a wet dog getting out the water we have shook ourselves off and shaken off 5 years of banter dust. So far it has landed on Raith, Hamilton and the Pars, wonder who will be next to suffer.

Sacking a guy when you’ve given him a 3 year contract in December, which was likely on the back of getting carried away with one good result at Tannadice. Rash decisions are us. I hope we don’t regret this and enter another period of the banter years.

2 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Couldn't make a 5th sub due to the IFAB rules of the game. These things happen, not sure thats on the manager unless you expect him to be psychic.

I'd also say, as a board they have no say in who the manager starts or decides to play. The job is results based and they have to judge on that. If they were (and they absolutely weren't) judging on which players started, the board should leave. 

What are IFAB rules

I thought you could make 5 subs.

What are IFAB rules

I thought you could make 5 subs.

You can make 5 subs but only allowed 3 stoppages.  So even though we had subs left we had no more stoppages left to make the subs.