The New Raith Rovers Thread

3 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

But I thought these guys could do no wrong...? 

They tend to get things right but Potter as a manager isn't one and pretty sure I did say last season he would get a chance at it eventually genuinely hoped I was only kidding for your sake but would appear not , good luck 

1 minute ago, Kelheart said:

They tend to get things right but Potter as a manager isn't one and pretty sure I did say last season he would get a chance at it eventually genuinely hoped I was only kidding for your sake but would appear not , good luck 

We need some interim input and Cameron and Potter are our only options. I highly doubt Potter will be in contention of being our next manager. 

12 minutes ago, FLDiamond said:

Exactly.  Rhys is about 3/4 months from a Premiership sacking where he’ll be one of the top candidates if he keeps the Airdrie bandwagon moving along nicely i.e yesterday 

Yeah absolutely, once Brown gets the Hibs job he'll be in at Somerset. 

Just now, Scary Bear said:

Maybe we are all in on promotion. 

Hanlon aside I don't see any of our new signings giving off 'we've spent a fortune on players wages' vibes. 

1 minute ago, Raithie said:

Hanlon aside I don't see any of our new signings giving off 'we've spent a fortune on players wages' vibes. 

Agreed, and if we had spent a fortune I think we'd have got better players than the ones we signed / re-signed 

Someone on the Rovers Board must be after the Freddos available as part of the P&B 500. It’s the only logical (and frankly worthwhile) explanation. 

I think it's unlikely to be McCabe.  He obviously likes working with and developing young players, can't see him fancying taking over Dad's Army at Kirkaldy.  He won't be Airdrie terribly much longer if he manges to carry on as he's going, but it'll be a bigger club than Raith he goes to, I jalouse.

So the statement states the decision was driven by results since the turn of the year. Let’s see… since January 1st (competitive games only):

Won 9

Lost 10

Draw 4

League Cup:

Won 2, lost 1 drew 1

For me the concerning aspect having attended 90% of these games was the performances. For the last part of last season and the start of this season we have looked lost in the attacking half and have created very little vs similar standard opposition. When watching the game yesterday I felt as if Airdrie had the better team despite Rovers having some of the best players in the league. Chance creation, creativity, shots on goal all worryingly low. “We’ve got to fix it” Murray said yesterday whilst most fans spotted it last season. 

I’m shocked he’s gone so early and feel that there is something else to this - criticising the players fairly heavily after the game might have gone down badly with a fair few of them. The board needs to be honest about what has happened here or there may be managers that think twice about taking the job.

11 minutes ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

Was there a falling out? 

Murray wanted Fordyce to join him at Stark's when he left Airdrie but he had a two year contract to see out by then. 

Yes

7 minutes ago, ARaithFan said:

So the statement states the decision was driven by results since the turn of the year. Let’s see… since January 1st (competitive games only):

Won 9

Lost 10

Draw 4

League Cup:

Won 2, lost 1 drew 1

For me the concerning aspect having attended 90% of these games was the performances. For the last part of last season and the start of this season we have looked lost in the attacking half and have created very little vs similar standard opposition. When watching the game yesterday I felt as if Airdrie had the better team despite Rovers having some of the best players in the league. Chance creation, creativity, shots on goal all worryingly low. “We’ve got to fix it” Murray said yesterday whilst most fans spotted it last season. 

I’m shocked he’s gone so early and feel that there is something else to this - criticising the players fairly heavily after the game might have gone down badly with a fair few of them. The board needs to be honest about what has happened here or there may be managers that think twice about taking the job.

Martindale would bite your arm off for stats like that.

Am I shocked.On one hand yes on the other hand no.

Everything looked rosey on the outside. But the board are spot on. The performances have been well below expected and that’s ultimately down to the manager.

I’m always one for positivity and try and do that on here because theirs more than enough negative folk.

For me I’m gutted for Murray. I liked him and I’m sure he gave nothing less than 100% right until he was given the news. But I’ve no complaints about the decision or timing. Football clubs move on. I’m confident the board will get the right replacement.