The New Raith Rovers Thread

5 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

We were under him only Holt can class going from 2nd to 6th and say "he was up against it"

Has Fife imploded or something, 2 clubs that have went to bomb scare at the start of a new season (not that I'm complaining)

Your board must have someone in mind but if I was a manager from the outside looking in at the position it has more red flags than a N Korean communist party convention.  90 mins into a new season sacking, 26 days of a transfer window and no guarantee the signings they have are going to work or wanted by the new manager or they are going to need to have a pay off to release them and whos to say the new man wont make it worse.

Alternatively, 9 wins since January, good backing in the transfer window and yet the same old tactics, performance and result against Airdrie maybe shows we haven't really built on the good 1st half of last season. We've been a grim watch for months.

Who is to say the new boss won't motivate and inspire, play players in position and have some different tactics to revert to when plan A doesn't work?

3 minutes ago, Stardog_champion said:

I really hope we’re looking at Jim Magilton. I’m shocked at this. But we’ve been brutal since January. What got on my tits the most was the timid attempt in the promotion finals. This cup campaign was akin to players having never played together before. 

I’d be shocked at this. I don’t see us financially in a place where we could get a manager from a team like that where he would have to up sticks and move country. 

Could be wrong but does seem unlikely. 

17 minutes ago, pantene proV said:

Yes, we need a "Dunfermline-esque" 7 year plan instead 

Ffs. That's not very neighbourly. We're in meltdown over here - don't deny us this moment. Rest easy, you've got a bit to go before you reach the calamitous levels we're currently at. 

14 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Yes but surely the rest of them would be at fault for appointing him in the first place? 

Was he not already there when they arrived? Last seasons results would suggest they did not too bad keeping him on. Looks like the right decision on form now though. Stop looking for a reason to bash the board just because you don't like where the came from.

9 minutes ago, Railwaystand said:

I’d be shocked at this. I don’t see us financially in a place where we could get a manager from a team like that where he would have to up sticks and move country. 

Could be wrong but does seem unlikely. 

Yea I know, I went to a good few Reds games last season. He has a winning mentality, we are a much bigger club than Cliftonville. But as you say the move to another country might be the biggest drawback. He was at Ipswich for years as a player and manager. Just the man for us. Let’s look at NI. Not looking forward to the generic managerial merry go round. Some of the names bandied about fill me with absolute fear. 

20 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Yes but surely the rest of them would be at fault for appointing him in the first place? 

He was not appointed by the current board. They will, however, now be culpable for the next appointment whoever it may be. I just hope that they get it right and we continue to progress and not regress.🤞

I think this is a reactionary sacking to something or other and not part of any formulated plan. 

We are now in the shit alright. We have a 3 year manager contract to pay off. 

Which likely means we don't have the money to buy out anyone currently working. So dole queue manager for us.

It will likely affect the playing budget for any new signings. 

We then also have the upheaval of a new manager wanting his own players and Murrays signings thinking f**k this. 

1 hour ago, Raithie said:

Hanlon aside I don't see any of our new signings giving off 'we've spent a fortune on players wages' vibes. 

Some of the players extended will be on a pretty packet. 

Be interesting to see who the board appoint, at Kelty they appointed Barry Ferguson, Kevin Thompson and Potter? Not a fantastic record. 

Just now, HoBNob said:

Be interesting to see who the board appoint, at Kelty they appointed Barry Ferguson, Kevin Thompson and Potter? Not a fantastic record. 

Only two members of the board were at Kelty.

2 hours ago, mcintyre_gmfc said:

Tinpot club. The timing of this is frankly rotten, and no one can justify this. I really hope you appoint Yogi or Hopkin next. 

Times must be really bad imagine getting called tinpot by a Morton fan 🤣 

10 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

8 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Only two members of the board were at Kelty.

Aye, common misconception is that our board is the old Kelty Hearts board.

We have 7 board members, only two of which were on the board at Kelty.

I'll prepare to be proven wrong, but I don't think there's a snowball's chance in hell of appointing McCabe. Can't see any reason why  he'd swap Airdrie for Raith