The New Raith Rovers Thread

30 minutes ago, AllanJM said:

I really think people are reading far too much into this side of it.

Players all know that the manager could be replaced if things don’t go well.

Them not agreeing with it won’t and shouldn’t affect the board’s decision making.

They’re professionals who will turn up to training and play on a Saturday regardless of who’s in charge. Will hopefully be a kick up the arse for a few who’ve been underperforming too as they’ll have a new manager to impress.

100%, the interview happened after Barrowman had met the players. If he was giving it the "who cares" vibes pre meeting I would be concerned. 

Players will play, some will miss the manager some will see it as an opportunity. That's life.

At the the end of the day the board have put themselves under a lot of pressure and they will know that.  At least the new guy has a decent squad to work with.

Edited by The Tiel Burn

1 hour ago, CountryBumpkin said:

If he doesn't get it and the courier headline isn't Nacho No-go we should riot. 

Also, no thanks Nacho. 

Now THAT is weird. He is one of the leftfield ones I was thinking about.....  Not ITK btw!  Just one that ocurred to me since the news on Sunday.

Think as a 'coachy' type of manager with Potter doing the DOF bit it MIGHT work.
But the Nacho Novo we loved went to THEM and became a proper one of THEM at Ipox.  TBH that would pee me off more if he got it than any ability or otherwise.

My other tuppence worth is 

No thanks:
Kevin Thomson
Barry Ferguson
Yogi

Maybes:
Barry Robson
Brian Graham (more I think about it the more it COUD work).
Courts
PAQUITO - another leftfield I thought about.  Maybe back with Calderon?

Deffo should try:
McCabe

Others are all ho hum.

Edited by Heid_The_Baw

16 minutes ago, Heid_The_Baw said:

Maybes:
Barry Robson
Courts

Would love to see it but brexit probably makes that one a non-starter.

26 minutes ago, Heid_The_Baw said:

Now THAT is weird. He is one of the leftfield ones I was thinking about.....  Not ITK btw!  Just one that ocurred to me since the news on Sunday.

Think as a 'coachy' type of manager with Potter doing the DOF bit it MIGHT work.
But the Nacho Novo we loved went to THEM and became a proper one of THEM at Ipox.  TBH that would pee me off more if he got it than any ability or otherwise.

No thanks:
Kevin Thomson
Barry Ferguson
Yogi

Maybes:
Barry Robson
Courts

Deffo should try:
McCabe

Others are all ho hum.

I'd be interested to see if big Brian would be tempted away by a job like this. My feeling is its probably too much of a risk for him. He's got a really good thing going at us, both on and off the field. Would also throw up the question about this "Managerial clause" That seems to have appeared / been made up from no where, does that include his playing registration? Cause it does sound a bit daft that in order to get the best striker in the league, just give him your player managers job, you'd hope we'd have built in some sort of safety net saying he'd need to chuck playing or be in-eligible for the rest of the season

Unsubstantiated rumour floating that the new manager has a relation on the playing side Other than McCabe, who of the potential candidates has a relation currently playing for us?

Of course it could be anyone but both Scott Brown and Tam Courts are fifers and could potentially one be related to Hannah, Stevenson, Byrne or Nicholson.

5 hours ago, Arthur Reid McDermott said:

Andrew went on to say, “I walk around this club every day and I see things, hear things, and feel things”.  What does this ambiguous statement mean?  What has he seen, heard, and felt that has made him, “Not trust IM to take us out of this current regression”?

Maybe what he heard on his Henry V-style wanderings was Murray saying 'I don't know how to get us out of this' to himself, and the 'feeling' was his arse collapsing thinking about the amount of new conservatories/pies they'll have to sell to make the money back.

Edited by baba douche

21 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

Unsubstantiated rumour floating that the new manager has a relation on the playing side Other than McCabe, who of the potential candidates has a relation currently playing for us?

Of course it could be anyone but both Scott Brown and Tam Courts are fifers and could potentially one be related to Hannah, Stevenson, Byrne or Nicholson.

Dont tell me its Shelley Kerr

2 hours ago, Heid_The_Baw said:

No thanks:
Kevin Thomson
Barry Ferguson
Yogi

Maybes:
Barry Robson
Courts

Deffo should try:
McCabe

Others are all ho hum.

No thanks Nacho. What experience does he have. 

You basically did what Utd did when they came down - sign older guys that know what they're about.

You were happy to give it big licks about your signings/re-signing s during the close season - and I agreed that you had signed well.

Now you're moaning about age and pace.

You've still got one of the best squads in the league - all it needs is a few tweaks.

1 minute ago, baba douche said:

You basically did what Utd did when they came down - sign older guys that know what they're about.

You were happy to give it big licks about your signings/re-signing s during the close season - and I agreed that you had signed well.

Now you're moaning about age and pace.

You've still got one of the best squads in the league - all it needs is a few tweaks.

Hence why we're on the hunt for a new coach, as the last one was considered to not know how to tweak 😂

2 hours ago, Heid_The_Baw said:

I'm currently sitting in a cafe Las palmas. I'll bring him home with me. 

On 07/08/2024 at 08:32, Broken Algorithms said:

Total shambles is a laugh TBF. In the past decade we've signed a rapist, loaned out our best young forward to a club who would in turn relegate us, and played Ryan Stevenson in goals. 

I'm confident enough we'll not appoint internally, and Thomson left Kelty after he continued to hoor himself out for every job going.  Both would be poor appointments.

If it's called "nepotism" because we end up appointing a manager who worked with one person (McKenzie) at Kelty but who also took Dundee United to a third place finish and Europe, then you'll have a hard sell on that angle. 

It's strange how defensive fans can become when their club does something absolutely wild.

Fair, I'll concede that i thought Barrowman was at Kelty when Courts was there. However, to split hairs, it was 4th place with United and was let go mutually without huge resistance from the board. The idea that someone like him, or any of the other in the mix - even McCabe, is going to instantly propel you to the next level that Murray managed is completely baseless. That is indeed what the board seem to be seeking according to their actions - a fast-track to the SPL. So unless something internal has gone on and it's being kept from the public - I'm sorry but people are perfectly justified in describing binning Murray one game into the season as somewhat shambolic. 

Okay performances tailed off since Christmas - but you were still a two-legger from the SPL. The arrogance to consider that as somehow not good enough given the trajectory you've taken the previous few seasons (which is all over the place) is galling. Whoever comes in, or had Murray stayed on, the reality of the division is there are a cluster of teams who are going to take points off Raith Rovers all season and the best you are realistically going to hope for again is a title challenge - not to mention the fact that the chances of a complete player revolt/chuck-in have now been increased tenfold.

32 minutes ago, Tiger Driver said:

Surprised Robbie Neilson hasn't been mentioned more.

Won this league on 3 occasions and as far as I'm aware he's unattached?

29 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Thing is, I've been to Starks/Kirkcaldy many times and I've been to Tampa once (on business) - now I've absolutely nothing at all against Kirkcaldy but i'm thinking life just might be a wee bit more comfy over in Florida for the Neilson fella than it would be in the glorious Kingdom ... so he might take some serious enticing away if he's of interest ... although you guys are well minted these days, right?

Edited by Otis Blue