The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 hours ago, basher brash said:

I would rather have yogi Hughes back then liam fox 

sacked at Cowdenbeath bottom of the league , Sacked at Dundee United bottom of the league 12 wins in 54 games , Praying it’s just rumours 

THAT IS A DAMNING STATISTIC YOU QUOTE!! 12 wins in 54 MATCHES!!

12 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

If you felt our best season in 25 years was a terrible watch, you'd be in for a treat with a manager who managed to guide a side containing Lyndon Dykes to a relegation playoff.

A strike force of Dykes and Dobbie no less.

16 hours ago, lgb61 said:

He was a Hibs legend so didn't really flag up to the press as OF, played less than 14% of his matches at Rangers, get a grip FFS, Gordon Ramsay claims to have played for Rangers, and ma grannie and her fish man.

Still unclear as to how employing an ex old firm player will lead to a media shit storm, when it hasn't done so with any of the numerous former managers we have had who have played for either side?

10 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Still unclear as to how employing an ex old firm player will lead to a media shit storm, when it hasn't done so with any of the numerous former managers we have had who have played for either side?

Or the roles Gordon Ramsay, lgb61’s Gran and a fishmonger are playing in all of this. 

28 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

If you felt our best season in 25 years was a terrible watch, you'd be in for a treat with a manager who managed to guide a side containing Lyndon Dykes to a relegation playoff.

Lyndon Dykes and Stephen Dobbie... 

3 minutes ago, pub car king said:

I suspect whoever takes the job is not going to be afforded the greatest amount patience by the support to settle in.

Certainly looks that way, judging by the attitudes of the doom and gloom merchants in here, reacting to one plausible report.

13 minutes ago, pub car king said:

I suspect whoever takes the job is not going to be afforded the greatest amount patience by the support to settle in.

The new manager is going to have to deal with expectation, there's no doubt about that. Murray would've had to as well, although he had a lot of credit in the bank after last season, which would've gotten him through a sticky patch. 

There is unlikely to be an appointment that will please everyone. Likely the best we can hope for here is an appointment that most people don't know much about but will give a chance to. Appointing a manager with a history of failure will be met with dismay, quite frankly. 

At risk of repeating myself, the firing of Murray was a shock and he was not under pressure from the support. Allowances can be given for a manager not having the best of starts after inheriting a shambles, but that's not what has happened here. Whoever it is that's appointed is really going to have to hit the ground running.

20 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Certainly looks that way, judging by the attitudes of the doom and gloom merchants in here, reacting to one plausible report.

We had a decent enough manager. We fired him. The next guy had better be brilliant. He has no goodwill in the bank and he now has huge expectations on his (or her) shoulders. If second wasn’t good enough that only leaves first.

8 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

We had a decent enough manager. We fired him. The next guy had better be brilliant. He has no goodwill in the bank and he now has huge expectations on his (or her) shoulders. If second wasn’t good enough that only leaves first.

Fox should potentially have some goodwill as he did ok for us as a player. 

Not going to happen though as it would be such an underwhelming appointment.

Fox has so far proven to be poor as a manager/1st team coach and it gives me the fear that he might be given the job. Sure, he might excel in nurturing young talent but that is far from what we need right now. 

Timing aside, I wasn’t against Murray going but if this is the type of replacement we are looking at then we shouldn’t have sacked him in the 1st place.

If the fans near me at Airdrie were anything to go by, Murray was very close to coming under at least some kind of pressure.

That's before he gave an interview implying the players weren't fit, he didn't have the players he needed, and he didn't know how to fix it.

Did the whole board make the decision to sack Murray or was it all down to Barrowman, no problems with the support wanting rid of him, he was after all said n done pretty successfull in what he achieved with us , there has to be more to it, other than hes not the man to get us where we want to be, do they then sack his replacement when he fails ??  

8 minutes ago, AllanJM said:

Fox should potentially have some goodwill as he did ok for us as a player. 

Not going to happen though as it would be such an underwhelming appointment.

His managerial record with Cowdenbeath and Dundee United is pretty much awful. He’d have to get off to a stormer.

Edited by Scary Bear

50 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Is it doom n gloom though, every time over the years when we get a little taste of success, we lose a manager  to another club(albeit this time we sacked one), how many duffers then got appointed then took us to mid table obscurity, different people in charge these days but theres a wee bit dejavu creeping in

31 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

If you're hoping for brilliant I suggest you manage your expectations. Good will do me, once they've settled in.