The New Raith Rovers Thread

4 minutes ago, Stardog_champion said:

He’s not at the FFP anymore, social media and big corporations are out for the clicks and likes

He's still a raith rovers fan as far as I know so don't see any reason to doubt him. 

4 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Are you forgetting that we have seen European football, albeit 30 odd years ago whose to say we cant do it again, also the standard of Scottish Championship football is a good bit higher than the N.I. league 

Of course the Scottish Championship is better. Yet the Welsh, the Irish and Northern Irish teams see regular European football. That standard is top end League 1 to middling Scottish Champuonship. They might not get very far. But it’s exposure. Money also talks. 

24 minutes ago, Stardog_champion said:

Let’s be honest. Our board going to sound out David Healy when he quite literally turned down Preston North End is ridiculous. The comparisons of his current club and Raith Rovers to PNE are mahoosive. Raith and Preston will never see European football. Linfield being smaller than both clubs will. If David Healy does eventually leave LFC it’ll be for a club with an actual chance to progress in Europe 

You went on and on about how we should go for Magilton, who manages in the same league and also has the opportunity to get European football.  We go for Healy, and you were all happy about it last night on here when the news broke.

But now that we lose a game suddenly it's ridiculous we're going for Healy?

Edited by SanStarko

23 minutes ago, Stardog_champion said:

Let’s be honest. Our board going to sound out David Healy when he quite literally turned down Preston North End is ridiculous. The comparisons of his current club and Raith Rovers to PNE are mahoosive. Raith and Preston will never see European football. Linfield being smaller than both clubs will. If David Healy does eventually leave LFC it’ll be for a club with an actual chance to progress in Europe 

Behave. It’s not as if Linfield is the be all and end all.

Also, I don’t believe for a second that he turned down Preston. How much would an English Championship club pay a manager? I’ll bet it’s a lot more than Linfield pay.

2 minutes ago, SanStarko said:

You went on and on about how we should got for Magilton, who manages in the same league and also has the opportunity to get European football.  We go for Healy, and you were all happy about it last night on here when the news broke.

But now that we lose a game suddenly it's ridiculous we're going for Healy?

Of course I did mate, I really thought the players would kinda respond to the board and say you were wrong to get rid of Murray. But they haven’t. We’ve scored 1 solitary league goal in three attempts and that was a lucky penalty. For a team tipped for a title push we’re not proving anyone wrong so far. An average friendly campaign. A less than average cup campaign and a bang average start to a league campaign you tell me. 

3 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Behave. It’s not as if Linfield is the be all and end all.

Also, I don’t believe for a second that he turned down Preston. How much would an English Championship club pay a manager? I’ll bet it’s a lot more than Linfield pay.

An English Championship club could pay a shit ton more than we ever could, that’s the truth

45 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Was fairly obvious after Airdtie that any thought of winning the league could be forgotten.  Try and sneak top 4 would be a successful season  

By the fans, perhaps, but Barrowman said in his interview that winning the league was the goal because we have a good squad. So like everything else in that interview, we have to take him on his word, surely? In part we do have a good squad, but we don't create enough to get the goals our poor forwards need and lack pace in vital areas. Hopefully a bit of clarity in the post match interview. 

Its still early, we're 9 points off the top, we've got 3 home games in the next 4 to claw some of that back, whoever comes in needs to hit the ground running and really only has the cup game at Somerset to tinker around. 

22 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

And today's performance wouldn't have been any better if he was still here

Maybe not, though you did beat them twice away under Murray last season

Think a few of our players need to start performing in all honesty , The majority have been under performing since the cup games and have to take some responsibility for Murray’s axing , A very important couple of weeks coming up for the club regarding appointing the correct manager and recruiting more players who will make a different I appreciate it’s early in the season but I’m worried about team morale / performances at the moment . 

2 minutes ago, Monkey socks said:

We're visiting  you next week. I'm coming by car and looking for somewhere close to the ground to park. Any suggestions folks?

In front of our goal. All help welcome.

3 minutes ago, Monkey socks said:

We're visiting  you next week. I'm coming by car and looking for somewhere close to the ground to park. Any suggestions folks?

Morrisons car park or up at the Beveridge Park are your best bets