The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

The red card was correct. He clearly grabbed the ball and he wasn't fouled. It was a horrible touch from a horrible kick by Dabrowski.

The fact the guy missed the chance just highlighted how stupid it was to grab the ball. 

There was a clear foul on Stevenson for the second goal though. Not that it would've changed the outcome right enough. 

Looked to me that byrne was fouled,mind I,ve my beer goggles on

6 hours ago, foreverarover said:

Morrisons my have a time restriction. If you park just along from Morrison ( 100 yards at most aling the road) 

on the big Esplanade lorry park. It's unrestricted. Has a decent wee take away cafe. 

Cheers, much appreciated

Is the timing of Murray's sacking just a coincidence that it was just before our first home league game of the season? Look at it this way, most of the season tickets would've been sold. Don't think if we'd sacked him earlier that we would've sold as many and the likes of Stanton and Easton would've re-signed.

9 minutes ago, MICMAC said:

Is the timing of Murray's sacking just a coincidence that it was just before our first home league game of the season? Look at it this way, most of the season tickets would've been sold. Don't think if we'd sacked him earlier that we would've sold as many and the likes of Stanton and Easton would've re-signed.

Stanton re signed around Christmas/January time.

9 hours ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Looked to me that byrne was fouled,mind I,ve my beer goggles on

I was always told growing up, you play to the whistle. Byrne in his eyes maybe was fouled but he handled it in the box so gave the ref an easy decision. Should he have seen red I'm not so sure.

11 hours ago, buchan30 said:

I have checked the stats on that season, I remember us beating St Johnstone in Dalziels first game in charge, but i cannot for the life of me remember the other two teams we beat.

St Mirren at home in the January and Dick Campbell's Partick, who were relegated along with us, in the April.

2 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Looks like Linfield are in discussions with Healy over a new contract. 

New contract in a place you're settled Vs uprooting everyone to Scotland. It's a tough choice 

3 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

New contract in a place you're settled Vs uprooting everyone to Scotland. It's a tough choice 

Depends on his ambition, we’re a bigger club than Linfield. It’s not as if he lives thousands of miles away. Depends what we’re offering, will there be outside investors on our side to make things happen? 

3 minutes ago, Stardog_champion said:

Depends on his ambition, we’re a bigger club than Linfield. It’s not as if he lives thousands of miles away. Depends what we’re offering, will there be outside investors on our side to make things happen? 

Ambition is an interesting one. At Linfield he's got European football to try and break into further stages but domestically there isn't more to achieve. We'll see what happens, comments from his assistant yesterday didn't sound promising for us. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/articles/c623e8x072wo

7 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Ambition is an interesting one. At Linfield he's got European football to try and break into further stages but domestically there isn't more to achieve. We'll see what happens, comments from his assistant yesterday didn't sound promising for us. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/articles/c623e8x072wo

If Healy doesn’t want the job he should just come out and say it and leave it that. I also said this yesterday about what Linfield can potentially achieve. Every club in Europe wants to be involved in the money spinning Euro’s. Linfield can definitely achieve these aims. We won’t as it stands

8 minutes ago, Stardog_champion said:

He turned down Preston North End, they are a bigger club than both Raith and Linfield put together. 

He didn’t though did he? He was never offered the job.

Edited by Jilted John

This Saturdays crowd will be interesting if no manager in situ and / or additional signings.

It doesn’t take much for the fair weather Raith support to dwindle.

On the subject of support, absolute silence in the home end vs Partick. A decent crack at having an atmosphere yesterday in Ayr but it’s dismal / non-existent in the South stand.

We need a manager who’ll come in and get us playing in a way that’ll start generating chances.