The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 minute ago, Irosshed and I was wrong said:

If Sam Stanton leaves Raith before the transfer deadline it won't have been because of some faceless troll writing things about him/his family on twitter/X.

and how do you know that

25 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

If he doesn’t want to be here, let him go. He’s looked like he’s wanted away since Xmas tbf.

Yeah. No idea what has been said on other platforms because I don't use them, so don't know what detail has come out, but I think this will be quite the convenient excuse for him to move on.

2 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

As much as I've heard why Sam Stanton wants to leave, and did so weeks ago, I've not read a single online comment about it. 

I'd go as far as to say the first person I've read bringing up his partner in relation to it is Stanton in that tweet. 

Likewise… I’m not sure the comment made on here a few days ago is what he’s referring to. I’m going to guess there’s perhaps been comments made elsewhere online.

12 minutes ago, Stardog_champion said:

Kinda feel somewhat responsible too, I was only letting you know I heard. It was in no way a suggestion Sam had done anything. As a fellow Raith Rovers fan I didn’t knowingly try to hurt or offend Sam Stanton

Aye, you’re the only person who’s referenced it on here, so that may have been the final straw for him. 

7 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

This big bums rush to get into the greed is good league is the cause of most of the problems, sure it's nice to get there if we could, but not at breakneck speed to the detriment of everything else

Sadly I think the success of last season caught the board off guard and that there's now this big emphasis to build on that. I get it though. Football fans can be hyper critical if there's no improvement or sign of progression and I can imagine they'll be worried that the team aren't seen as building on the good work from the last season.

13 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

This big bums rush to get into the greed is good league is the cause of most of the problems, sure it's nice to get there if we could, but not at breakneck speed to the detriment of everything else

So just to clarify here, you think being good last season is the cause of our problems this term? 

Just now, McGuigan1978 said:

So just to clarify here, you think being good last season is the cause of our problems this term? 

No not in the slightest, some of those results last season could easily have went the other way, I just feel personally that were going too quickly, the new guys have only been there 1 season  

8 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

From a 'not having a manager right now' I don't think that's a widely crazy notion. The board didn't think Murray was the man to take us forward, what was the boards idea of 'taking us forward'? Another playoff final? winning the league? I think last seasons outcome has certainly given the board an idea that we needed to build on last season beyond the playoffs.

3 minutes ago, Raithie said:

From a 'not having a manager right now' I don't think that's a widely crazy notion. The board didn't think Murray was the man to take us forward, what was the boards idea of 'taking us forward'? Another playoff final? winning the league? I think last seasons outcome has certainly given the board an idea that we needed to build on last season beyond the playoffs.

Yeah and just look what's happening, they'll get this sorted of that theres no doubt, I just hope were not playing catch up from a good bit behind once they do 

Just now, DITSOR said:

Just when you think it couldn't get any worse...

Beginning to think this board are out of their depth and the ship is sinking fast.

Not out their depth just made a bad decision at the wrong time