The New Raith Rovers Thread

34 minutes ago, Ex Machina said:

Is it not only domestic loans and free agents that can still be signed?

Was looking at the Elgin City transfers and although it was 2 years ago, the rules haven't changed since then. They signed 2 players on loan on 21st Sept, one was from England and the other from Ireland.

5 minutes ago, A_Rover_In_The_Burgh said:

I was going through Facebook and seen a post about Ian Murray, read the comments and this was at the top.. No idea who it is or where his sources come from. 

Could be horse but thought I'd share any way

Screenshot_20240904_125359_Facebook.thumb.jpg.18c6732656cbe81e77a09ed0f739c6e2.jpg

John "Buzbinator" Busby.  Should have just stopped reading there.

5 minutes ago, A_Rover_In_The_Burgh said:

I was going through Facebook and seen a post about Ian Murray, read the comments and this was at the top.. No idea who it is or where his sources come from. 

Screenshot_20240904_125359_Facebook.thumb.jpg.18c6732656cbe81e77a09ed0f739c6e2.jpg

I’ve spent about ten seconds on his Facebook account and all of his posts are rubbish wind ups 

40 minutes ago, MICMAC said:

Was looking at the Elgin City transfers and although it was 2 years ago, the rules haven't changed since then. They signed 2 players on loan on 21st Sept, one was from England and the other from Ireland.

Full transfer window closes on the 30th August. After that you're allowed domestic loans or free agent signings up until the end of September. After then, no transfers/loans between clubs until January.

Edited to fix bad wording.

Edited by Nightmare

48 minutes ago, Double Jack D said:

Given that he coached and managed a football team not a leisure centre then yes I am. It would be frankly ludicrous to discount it. Note he also had a full season as a manager in English League 1 at a club bigger than yours and mine combined.

Anywhere that calls football soccer is small time

That's the rules 👌

Full season in English league 1 ?

Some serious heavy defeats in the season he got sacked in for Barnsley.

It's a question of learning from that, I can't take soccer experience in the USA as a plus to actual real football.

10 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Define 'some serious heavy defeats'? All I can see that I'd lump into a serious heavy defeat is a 5-1 pumping against Lincoln City who finished just 2 points behind them. Maybe I'm looking at the wrong season.

2 hours ago, AllanJM said:

How do you add people to your ignore list?  I've looked a few times recently but never figured out how to do it.

the only way I figured out how to do it was on desktop. You hover over the avatar picture and the window will appear after a second, and the ignore button is there on the bottom right. Blissful ignorance. 

2 hours ago, AllanJM said:

How do you add people to your ignore list?  I've looked a few times recently but never figured out how to do it.

Go to the 3 lines top right of your page. Click on them or go to your account details. Click on Account. You’ll see Ignored Users. Add some.

IMG_7930.png

New gaffer in, time to crack on.  Sort of a free hit with the challenge cup this weekend, then hopefully all the players up to speed on the new sexy football by next friday.

What we need now to further boost morale is for the release of the club 1883 kit, so we can boost the clubs coffers, and rejoice in our names hopefully not being in a shite position on the top!

2 hours ago, A_Rover_In_The_Burgh said:

This is the exact type of nonsense that started the Stanton pish. Let’s not screenshot it and then share it  as it will give the guy exactly what he wants and get a bite out of people.

it’s also damaging to Murray as well and stuff like that shouldn’t be screenshoted and spread about. Let the guy post crap on FB but don’t spread it on here, there’s enough rubbish on here to deal with already. 

Edited by Offshore Rover

3 hours ago, Ex Machina said:

Is it not only domestic loans and free agents that can still be signed?

2 hours ago, Nightmare said:

Full transfer window closes on the 30th August. After that you're allowed domestic loans or free agent signings up until the end of September. After then, no transfers/loans between clubs until January.

Edited to fix bad wording.

Nope, effectively no restrictions on international temporary transfers, Annex 1, Rule 60. They are exempt from all the restrictions on dates and numbers.

40 minutes ago, Flemboflem said:

New gaffer in, time to crack on.  Sort of a free hit with the challenge cup this weekend, then hopefully all the players up to speed on the new sexy football by next friday.

What we need now to further boost morale is for the release of the club 1883 kit, so we can boost the clubs coffers, and rejoice in our names hopefully not being in a shite position on the top!

I'd completely forgotten about that kit. Now I want it immediately 

7 minutes ago, Offshore Rover said:

This is the exact type of nonsense that started the Stanton pish. Let’s not screenshot it and then share it  as it will give the guy exactly what he wants and get a bite out of people.

it’s also damaging to Murray as well and stuff like that shouldn’t be screenshoted and spread about. Let the guy post crap on FB but don’t spread it on here, there’s enough rubbish on here to deal with already

16 minutes ago, Offshore Rover said:

it’s also damaging to Murray as well and stuff like that shouldn’t be screenshoted and spread about. Let the guy post crap on FB but don’t spread it on here, there’s enough rubbish on here to deal with already. 

I've deleted it. Apologies. I wasn't meaning to cause any offence. 

2 hours ago, MrDust said:

That's the rules 👌

It's a question of learning from that, I can't take soccer experience in the USA as a plus to actual real football.

Oh dear......you really need to sit down!!! Yer overheatin....

I’m consistently amazed at the ability of some posters to come up with the most ridiculous shite ever. All the moaning about he’ll have us playing this way or that way is ill-informed twaddle. Do managers have preferred playing styles, why yes they do. Is that the only style managers use, why no it isn’t.

When a manager joins a side, his first action is to suss out what he actually has available and craft a strategy to use what he has to get results. He may love laying deep and launching balls up on the counter, but if the team lacks a couple of target men, he’s not going to pursue that tactic. He may seek to add players to the team that would suit that kind of play, but he will adapt his teams formation and playing style to suit what he has onboard and available.

The other amusing thing is all the “that’s a good/bad manager” stuff. In the “professional” game, overall, there aren’t really that many “bad managers” that get more than one or two chances. There are an absolute bounty of managers who haven’t found the right position. Now, people will say that’s contradictory, but it’s more that some managers adapt better than others to being outside their strategy comfort zone. At this level, we can hope for a pretty decent and adaptable manager, but the levels above are actively looking for those who show signs of these abilities, so we pretty much have to either recycle the same old shite and hope the situation suits their skills better or take a chance on a younger manager looking to break into the upper levels (and hope we strike gold and can hold onto them long enough).

56 minutes ago, Flemboflem said:

Talking of club 1883...

Do you still get the welcome pack after your second payment has been taken? 

If so, how long after said second payment? 

2 hours ago, MrDust said:

That's the rules 👌

You do realise where the word “soccer” comes from, right?

Add to that the conceit that U.S. experience is still akin to teaching wee laddies at school…things change.