The New Raith Rovers Thread

7 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Grimshaw lived up to the first part of his name at United, he's not very good. Was often the weak link for them, 

To be fair to Grimshaw is he not naturally a central midfielder and had been converted to a right back and played a few times for Morton then ended up papped there by United?

2 minutes ago, RaithRyan said:

To be fair to Grimshaw is he not naturally a central midfielder and had been converted to a right back and played a few times for Morton then ended up papped there by United?

I'm sure he was yeah, which begs the question why would we want that? We've complained for the last season about midfielders in the defensive line, only to suggest obtaining another? 

Just now, CountryBumpkin said:

I'm sure he was yeah, which begs the question why would we want that? We've complained for the last season about midfielders in the defensive line, only to suggest obtaining another? 

Im not suggesting we sign him btw, was just merely pointing out, in the guys defence, that United played him out of position. He’s not naturally a right back. 

If we’re adding another right back I’d rather us try get Megwa - having said that, given the current injury situation we are only a niggle or a suspension away from being short in the middle of the park so can see us looking to beef up the numbers in there too. 

Good, bad or indifferent, I just hope he's in the job at least a decade. Never want to go through a new manager thread or similar invasion of this one again. 

Godspeed Neill. 

2 minutes ago, RaithRyan said:

Im not suggesting we sign him btw, was just merely pointing out, in the guys defence, that United played him out of position. He’s not naturally a right back. 

If we’re adding another right back I’d rather us try get Megwa - having said that, given the current injury situation we are only a niggle or a suspension away from being short in the middle of the park so can see us looking to beef up the numbers in there too. 

Megwa would be interesting, though i'd ideally prefer someone who can play right back and right sided in a back 3 to give us cover. We don't need two completely attacking fullbacks (at the same time), we'd be countered really easily through the spaces as the midfield isn't the quickest to recover so having someone solid and dependable in a few positions would be preferable in my mind.

13 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Theres something about Neill that you instantly take to, I personally think he'll be a good fit at the club

thats because theirs no bs with him just total honesty. a rare commodity in football managers thse days

42 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Megwa plays centre half as well does he? I've only seen him as a right back or wing back. If he does, then yeah good call.

Yeah he does mate, or has for Hibs as he was coming through the ranks certainly. 

8 hours ago, Arthur Reid McDermott said:

You Still Here?  Time you were away hame son.  Yer Maws shoutin yer teas ready!

As I said earlier if you really can't bear any critical posts about your manager, decision making etc:

23 hours ago, g martin said:

Or you can leave and retreat to the raith fans website I guess if you need a safe space?

I found the link, it is hopefully a nice cosy forum for you with not too much in the way of negative (or indeed any) thinking going on. https://raithfantalk.boards.net/

1 hour ago, Raithie said:

For folk with a cladding fetish you'll be pleased to know some more cladding has been put up at the front of the stand. 

Thank God we can start talking about the cladding again.