The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 hours ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Great to see Sam back, similar news about Brown and Hamilton would be good too. Assume Murray is out on Sunday alongside Fordyce I'd guess

Best bet seems to be Brown, Hamilton, Murray and Fordyce out for Sunday, Stanton possible and Byrne back.

1 hour ago, NlGHTMARE said:

I love reading this thread, you’re all batcrap crazy aren’t ya. 🤣😂🤣

I just read that in a Yorkshire accent. Trouble at t'mill??

5 hours ago, Raithie said:

For folk with a cladding fetish you'll be pleased to know some more cladding has been put up at the front of the stand. 

You know the rules, pics or GTF

I do think Freeman deserves another go in the team as I'm unsure if he was carrying a knock or was just dropped at Airdrie.  It would be daft writing off our only conventional right back after pre-season.

5 minutes ago, Starksdynamo said:

I do think Freeman deserves another go in the team as I'm unsure if he was carrying a knock or was just dropped at Airdrie.  It would be daft writing off our only conventional right back after pre-season.

Well we wrote off our manager after a similar time frame....

1 minute ago, pub car king said:

Oh yeah, there's the money shot 

Not to be 'that' guy but aesthetically the light blue roof and dark, whatever colour it is, cladding just seems a bit unusual. 

52 minutes ago, renton said:

Well we wrote off our manager after a similar time frame....

You're right. I forget Freeman was also with us for the last season and part of the same "results and performances" that led to Murray's sacking. The boy's barely had a game and because some people can't understand that he's not an all out attacking fullback (which we don't need on both sides) then he should be replaced. Its a bizarre yet entirely par for the course mentality.

26 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

You're right. I forget Freeman was also with us for the last season and part of the same "results and performances" that led to Murray's sacking. The boy's barely had a game and because some people can't understand that he's not an all out attacking fullback (which we don't need on both sides) then he should be replaced. Its a bizarre yet entirely par for the course mentality.

He's not had a great start but I'd like to think he'll get a chance under Collins. It's up to him to take it.

30 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Maybe he's meant to be, but isn't very good at it?

In all seriousness, I don't think he has done much wrong either way in the time he's had, on the other hand - in a side that a lot of folk have suggested is screaming out for pace and width, a player who is seemingly quite passive in the final third (and who doesnt come with even the same good crossing ability Millen showed) might not be ideal.

His primary utility, presently is that he frees up Stevenson to play on his stronger side, but that is something Matthews can do once Byrne and Brown are available in midfield. Anyone seriously think Freeman get's a game in front of Matthews at right back?

2 hours ago, Raithie said:

Not to be 'that' guy but aesthetically the light blue roof and dark, whatever colour it is, cladding just seems a bit unusual. 

Don't fret so much, the roof is due to be festooned with solar panels, so you won't notice the difference.

3 hours ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Probably makes sense having it done now, no home game until the 21st allows them to get more equipment there and less foot traffic.

Indeed. For all the cynics bleating about the cladding not being finished, it's almost like they know what they're doing.