The New Raith Rovers Thread

Just now, CrossgatesCynic said:

Why are folk wanting Scott McGill brought back?

A player who was unable to hold down any of about six positions as his own during his spell at the club?

Aye, that’ll sort things right enough.

It's the way of some Raith fans. Bring back past players. Gabby McGill yes, Scott McGill no. 

Just now, CrossgatesCynic said:

Why are folk wanting Scott McGill brought back?

A player who was unable to hold down any of about six positions as his own during his spell at the club?

Aye, that’ll sort things right enough.

Erm, Murray didn’t give him a chance, and that had nothing to do with his ability. 

1 minute ago, Stardog_champion said:

Erm, Murray didn’t give him a chance, and that had nothing to do with his ability. 

He's played according to Wiki 5 games for Dundalk and team routed to the bottom of a league that's not on a par with the Scottish championship.

Just now, Stardog_champion said:

He also struggled to get a start in League One for Airdrie, and can’t get a start for Dundalk. A real trend developing. Weird. 

3 minutes ago, Stardog_champion said:

29 appearances for Rovers over his time, according to Wikipedia. I don’t recall a single standout performance among them.

Just to be clear, you’re advocating signing a self-professed attacking midfielder to plug gaps in the defence or up front?

1 minute ago, CrossgatesCynic said:

29 appearances for Rovers over his time, according to Wikipedia. I don’t recall a single standout performance among them.

Just to be clear, you’re advocating signing a self-professed attacking midfielder to plug gaps in the defence or up front?

I thought he was excellent in the first win at East End last season when he stood in for Liam Dick at left-back. I recall a ‘Scott McGill appreciation post’ in the match thread being well received too.

Not advocating for his return but to say he didn’t have a standout performance is very harsh.

4 minutes ago, Rover the Moon said:

I thought he was excellent in the first win at East End last season when he stood in for Liam Dick at left-back. I recall a ‘Scott McGill appreciation post’ in the match thread being well received too.

Not advocating for his return but to say he didn’t have a standout performance is very harsh.

I think he played well at East End Park at maybe left back if memory serves, then was rancid the next game against Queen’s Park the next week. 

Was quite good against Arbroath in the 5-0 game and there’s an argument he was unlucky not to get more minutes but ultimately it’s because he’s not very good. 

Edited by McGuigan1978

For me the worry is no new players and a game looming in a couple of days. Injuries and suspension, no rumours of who we are considering. Looks like Saturday will be another makeshift defence with little in the middle of the park.