The New Raith Rovers Thread

15 minutes ago, FitbaSupporter said:

Was just going to ask if the fan boys are ready to have an honest conversation about his weaknesses. Before anyone goes off on one, not suggesting that the dropped points today were solely on him, but  we need to face up to his deficiencies and how they add to the overall fragility of our defence.

Maybe time to give McNeil a run out in goals, from what I remember he does command his box and always barking at players,............ just my thoughts

1 minute ago, FitbaSupporter said:

On the positive Pollock did look class. If we can sort out the defence he could be a game changer 

Sort out the injury situation and find out what's behind the leg muscle and hamstring pulls, 

Dont they work on the legs etc in the gym 

Kev does my f**king head in, easily the best shot stopper in this league..................

.............but also the worst when it comes to coming off his line, ball at feet, catching cross balls rather than punching them etc

1 minute ago, Keyser Soze said:

Kev does my f**king head in, easily the best shot stopper in this league..................

.............but also the worst when it comes to coming off his line, ball at feet, catching cross balls rather than punching them etc

Jekyll and Hyde keeper

18 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Aye Murrays available next week,................. but he doesn't fill me with confidence 

Nor me, but probably slightly more than Dick.

19 minutes ago, Keyser Soze said:

He wasn't bad with the ball at his feet today, and its clear they're working on it but the its not a quick process to relearn how to control a ball properly. 

The first goal is entirely on Liam Dick. Kev can't really react until Dick has headed the ball and from then he's having to scramble to block it as it was such a poor header. Its a shame for Dick as he's been one of the better performers all season and asked to cover more than was probably expected given the injuries we've had. Making a mistake in the first minute that leads to a goal must be totally demoralising and its tough to come back from. You could see he was pretty poor all game after it.

Listening to Collins post match interview he does seem to be saying the right things.  We don’t do the dirty stuff that gets that game over the line.  Also mentioning that he would have subbed Freeman as he had tired but had no options and would rather keep a defender on the pitch.  Which again falls back on the lack of depth in the squad.

Despite the collapse late on I feel more confident going into next weeks game than I thought I would.  I thought today would be another game of creating little chances and probably losing.  The fact we created lots of chances and should have had the game out of sight is positive.  Will be even more positive if Brown and Fordyce are available next week.

6 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

He wasn't bad with the ball at his feet today, and its clear they're working on it but the its not a quick process to relearn how to control a ball properly. 

The first goal is entirely on Liam Dick. Kev can't really react until Dick has headed the ball and from then he's having to scramble to block it as it was such a poor header. Its a shame for Dick as he's been one of the better performers all season and asked to cover more than was probably expected given the injuries we've had. Making a mistake in the first minute that leads to a goal must be totally demoralising and its tough to come back from. You could see he was pretty poor all game after it.

Agree worst Liam dick has played for a long time, usually steady Eddie player but he looked shaky all game 

Joy to watch for around 80 minutes today, you can already see the difference the new manager is making

Kieran Freeman was excellent today, Finlay Pollock looks a level above and Jack Hamilton looked a different player.

No breaks going for us at the moment but I'm pretty optimistic going forward 🙂

Was pleased to see Freeman have a good game. Once he's match fit I'm fairly sure he'll be fine, so long as we stay 4 at the back. 

Pollock injected us with an energy and pace we haven't had in a long time, until he too tired. V promising. Hamilton also isn't match fit but ran himself into the ground for the cause. 

Overall, we looked good. 10 minutes of arse collapse completely ruined the good work, so I'm hopeful that Broonie can grab the middle by the scruff of the neck and that somehow our back line calms the f**k doon.

And we keep 4 at the back.

1 hour ago, Keyser Soze said:

He hasn't looked his best this season, but the fact he's barely had the same formation in front of him, far less the same personnel, two games running, is hardly conducive to playing at top form.

After throwing a few f**ks around at 5 o'clock I'm actually a lot more pragmatic about today.

There was so much improvement as a team and individually. It got to 80 odd minutes and you could have picked 4 or 5 as man of the match. Freeman and Stevenson were excellent and pushed forward so effectively. Easton was back to what he can do, Ross Matthews put in a great shift and young Pollock fitted straight in. Hamilton was excellent for me really led the line well and I thought it was Connollys most effective performance in God knows how long. 

The subs did weaken things I thought Mullin looked well off the pace of the game in particular when he came on. 

I can't blame Kev for any of the goals but he looked flappy today. 

Lots to build on but we still need bodies in. 

2 hours ago, FitbaSupporter said:

While I’m annoyed and ranting. Liam Dick is f**king rotten. 

No, he wasn't his best today, but rotten is excessive. I want to look at the first play again because my initial reaction was he was handed a bag of shite and made a choice that wasn't the best one, but was far from the worst.

2 hours ago, renton said:

Euan Murray is available next week?

Yes.

2 hours ago, FitbaSupporter said:

On the positive Pollock did look class. If we can sort out the defence he could be a game changer 

Pollock is potentially an absolute monster. He drives to the end line happily, like a hyperactive version of Gibson even, and is calm and composed in possession.