The New Raith Rovers Thread

7 minutes ago, Irosshed and I was wrong said:

How on gods green earth Freeman and Connolly make it to 62mins is beyond me.

Not been a great game for Freeman today, caught out of position for the second goal. Connolly though, genuinely baffles me that he even makes it to the bench sometimes. Yes he's got a good work rate, but he brings very little to the attacking line and needs to figure out how he can impact games, or be let go in January.

Our stadium upgrades are helping the players here to realise we are building to get out of the championship.

Unfortunately that's looking like the seaside league!

f**king embarrassing today.   Again

We as fans can see we have zero goalscoring threat. Add to that an utterly rank defence.  How can the manager and the numbskulls in the boardroom not see that and get looking for a free agent or 5?

By January I fear we will be drifting by a margin at the bottom.

Just had a look back at the stats for the league games so far.  Clearly the Hamilton game was an anomaly.  As if you exclude that game then so far this season, Including today's game, we have so far had 10 shots on target in seven games (and two of them were from the penalty spot).   In the Hamilton game alone though we had 8 shots on target, funnily enough that's the game where we actually scored goals without help from penalties.

So kinda obvious where the issue is.  If we never get shots on target we're not going to score.  We don't look like scoring goals, Hamilton game apart, which is the most worrying thing for me.  I've been fairly positive we'd turn things around up till now.  If we'd been creating chances but just couldn't get the ball over the line you could still think you could turn this around, you just need some breaks to go your way.  But it wouldn't really matter if we got the breaks as we'd never have any shots on target to take advantage of them anyway.

Collins reminds me of the guy Martin Rennie who Falkirk had a while back. US soccer is just so soft compared to here it's a massive cultural difference. No pressure from fans, world class facilities, much softer style of play. Doesn't really match up well to go from that to a dreary den like Cappielow v Dougie Imrie's gang and having to dig in and scrap for points. 

Today was one of the worst performances from a Rovers side I’ve seen in a long time. So many poor performers. Freeman shouldn’t get a game again unless Dabo is injured. Connolly as much as I love him looks completely finished. Absolutely nothing up front and defence fragile as f**k with Dabrowski behind them. Morton deserved the win but they are absolutely average. The fact we didn’t trouble them is an indictment of Collins and his tactics. I know it’s still early but think he’s going to be a bang average manager for us.

It's going to be a close run season to be able to avoid the Seaside League if current form continues. There's just no sign of any significant improvement since the present incumbent arrived. Depressing stuff.

Just an incredibly pathetic performance. So bad, utterly devoid of any semblence of ability or structure.

As much as we look shite in a 3-5-2 we may have to default to that formation since Mullin, Connolly and Pollock are all shite.

Easton was awful today, his first half strike apart. Decision making was terrible. One of Byrne and Matthews needs dropped. Pick one, it makes no difference.

Hamilton spent the game winning 2nd balls to no one in particular. Jamieson did f**k all when he came on.

There is so much wrong it's difficult to say how solving any particular issue will help.

Barring a great January window, we are in so much trouble.

5 minutes ago, embow said:

It's going to be a close run season to be able to avoid the Seaside League if current form continues. There's just no sign of any significant improvement since the present incumbent arrived. Depressing stuff.

No it isn't. We'll be well adrift.

An interesting result. Morton certainly had the tactics right, defending in depth, inviting our pressure and striking on the counter. We did what everyone has been demanding and it bit us, at least partially because we have experience at the back…experience that is unfortunately a wee bit slow.

Dabo looked excellent, and I wonder if he is a comfortable at RB as RWB, time will tell. Hamilton did a power of work, but needs that second player forward with him. Easton is NOT a #10, nothing against him, but his passion is cutting inside from wide. Pollock looks like Gibson with more experience and provides needed push forward. Brown was somewhat anonymous today, especially replacing Byrne…Connolly seemed to disappear after a bit. I’m a bit concerned about pushing Big Kev to play more on the edges of the box, perhaps a bit too far too fast…and he’s also on an expiring contract.

Lots of complaints about money spent on the Club and not the team, but the thing is we have to improve the Club and Starks Park to keep us attractive to players we want to get. A commitment off the field is also a clear commitment ON the field. This team was mostly shaped by IM, and were marking time right now until we can really adjust it. I’m disappointed by todays result, but remember we also throttled Falkirk just last week…

3 minutes ago, TxRover said:

An interesting result. Morton certainly had the tactics right, defending in depth, inviting our pressure and striking on the counter. We did what everyone has been demanding and it bit us, at least partially because we have experience at the back…experience that is unfortunately a wee bit slow.

Dabo looked excellent, and I wonder if he is a comfortable at RB as RWB, time will tell. Hamilton did a power of work, but needs that second player forward with him. Easton is NOT a #10, nothing against him, but his passion is cutting inside from wide. Pollock looks like Gibson with more experience and provides needed push forward. Brown was somewhat anonymous today, especially replacing Byrne…Connolly seemed to disappear after a bit. I’m a bit concerned about pushing Big Kev to play more on the edges of the box, perhaps a bit too far too fast…and he’s also on an expiring contract.

Lots of complaints about money spent on the Club and not the team, but the thing is we have to improve the Club and Starks Park to keep us attractive to players we want to get. A commitment off the field is also a clear commitment ON the field. This team was mostly shaped by IM, and were marking time right now until we can really adjust it. I’m disappointed by todays result, but remember we also throttled Falkirk just last week…

I agree with a lot of what you said but the best way to attract Players is to be competitive and winning games not by having new showers and a boardroom. and a bit far by saying we Throttled Falkirk we got a penalty and that was that.  

Edited by Rover1883