The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, Been going too long said:

I didn’t but he made a mug of us for no reason 

He got an extended contract and more money from Linfield, wouldn't class that as no reason.

Probably his agent pulling strings but it worked.

Decent showing tonight. Played with a good press and pace and deserved the win. Missed a few to make it 4 or 5 but McNeil in goals pulled off some great saves, the greatest of which was a McGurn-esque double.

Gibson was v direct, Jamieson had his best game I think, and took his goal v well, and Fordyce looked pretty solid. Montague did well when he came on and young Hannah at LB, whilst caught out a couple of times, showed real progress and strong potential.

Quite happy. Freezing night, crowd could have been better but congrats to Ross. One club men are few and far between these days.

11 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Wasn't at the game as it's my wife's birthday. How did everyone play was there any standout performances. What was the Hearts team.

Jamieson was probably the overall standout. Looked for the ball every opportunity, took his goal well, was good dropping deep and getting forward. If he can produce that sort of performance every week I think he'll do OK. Montagu as well when he came on for the injured Mullin, very good, two footed player and looks comfortable on the ball, similarly Hannah. Had a tough test against Oda and Dhanda then Forrest in the second half. Was caught out a few times but always recovered well. You can see that working with Stevenson is really helping him. It would be a shame if Stevenson had to go work with the keepers instead 🙄

Three good goals from Rovers and a good goal from Hearts too. A decent Hearts line up, from their more unknown group, I liked the look of their number 6, Macauley Tait, small tidy midfielder. 

6 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

How did Babo do. Nothing mentioned 

Fine i'd say, more of the game went down the Rovers left in both halfs, but he did get back and forward with ease. Fired in a brilliant cross in second half and never gave up overlapping until he was subbed. Looks a very good addition to the squad.

9 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Something that may have passed some folks by, in the second half, Kai won the ball and was swamped by three players yet somehow managed to salvage the ball and played out from defence.

See earlier comments about him doing well when he came on. Looked relaxed and confident. I know the league brings different pressure to games like these but the squad players should take confidence from this evening. Most did very well.

5 hours ago, Been going too long said:

I didn’t but he made a mug of us for no reason 

Karma may be a bitch but cash is king. He played Barrowman like a fiddle.