The New Raith Rovers Thread

6 hours ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Montagu as well when he came on for the injured Mullin

Was unfortunately otherwise occupied, do tell. At least its a position we actually have cover at.

P.S. Is it wrong to kinda like the red/white side panels...even if it is a bit Tommy Hilfigerish.

Edited by TxRover

2 hours ago, TxRover said:

Was unfortunately otherwise occupied, do tell. At least its a position we actually have cover at.

P.S. Is it wrong to kinda like the red/white side panels...even if it is a bit Tommy Hilfigerish.

Pulled a muscle at the end of the first half, I think it was his hamstring. 

Didn’t make the game last night due to sons football - but from the highlights looked like Gibson got a good run out and had a lot of involvement.

Delightful cross in for Jamieson for his goal. Cant help but think, providing service like that, he could be brilliant for Big Jack’s game too. 

Enjoyed last night more than any testimonial type game I can recall. 

Manager made full use of the squad and no one let him down.

Jamieson in particular seemed wired from the start. More evident width and also more creativity from central midfield. 

A good game at a good time as we have a host of positives from what was a free hit.

Edited by Always next quarter
Sp

That looked like an excellent performance from everyone, McNeil looked assured for having little to no game time (dont know why hes been overlooked for so long), Hanna is a big unit and will serve us well,  Dabo is quick and powerful, it may take a few more games for it all to come together properly, but the signs are there

Thought Mullin must have picked up an injury IF going off in the 42nd minute. A bit annoying in a friendly  but I guess it also happens in training and he's been more of a bit part player this season. 

Good to hear we looked a bit more like our old selves. Hopefully that can translate that into a good performance v QP.

Edited by bagpuss

A few of the guys that started last night have definitely given Collins some food for thought. Gibson looked really lively and clearly had a point to prove. I thought Montagu was also very good when he came on - he looks like he could be a future heir to Stanton in the team.

McNeil also played well and can't be far away from a chance if Dabrowski doesn't improve soon.

Duncan sat down with Alan Russell from the Raith Trust recently to have a blether about the group. Within our group who we have on, we've some people who are actively involved in the Trust and some who have fallen off. Hopefully people find the chat as informative as I did. 

6 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

A few of the guys that started last night have definitely given Collins some food for thought. Gibson looked really lively and clearly had a point to prove. I thought Montagu was also very good when he came on - he looks like he could be a future heir to Stanton in the team.

McNeil also played well and can't be far away from a chance if Dabrowski doesn't improve soon.

That's a great comment re Montague. I couldn't place a comparison and you've nailed it.  

12 hours ago, The Tiel Burn said:

That's a great comment re Montague. I couldn't place a comparison and you've nailed it.  

18 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

No pressure on the lad eh? Thought he was excellent when he came on, enjoy seeing him be able to pick up posession on the turn and get into space easily. Willingness to take the ball under pressure and still get a pass away or drive forward and release the ball. Two footed as well, which is a rarity in this game at this level, even though it really shouldn't be. Clear from the post-match that he's impressed Collins too. Not sure i'd be starting him a week on saturday, but you'd be comfortable seeing him come off the bench to help us finish games off. 

34 minutes ago, renton said:

I get that things are grim on the pitch, but I'm not convinced folk should be getting so excited over a half arsed kick about.

Don't see anyone getting excited, merely glad there are some shoots of promise. At least let us have that, for sure there would be a meltdown if it had been a drubbing.