The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 minute ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/12936406/penalty-heartache-for-accrington-as-adedoyin-slips-when-taking-penalty

Between this, and Dabo missing for Coventry in the play off final, lets hope we don't end up in a penalty shoot out anytime soon 😬

To be fair I recall Beckham doing a version of this, and he wasn't a bad player.

I reserve the right to sit next to the first aiders if Mathews, Dabo and David are our last 3 takers!!

Seems to be the type of player we have all been crying out for. 

4 minutes ago, Always next quarter said:

To be fair I recall Beckham doing a version of this, and he wasn't a bad player.

I reserve the right to sit next to the first aiders if Mathews, Dabo and David are our last 3 takers!!

Seems to be the type of player we have all been crying out for. 

I recall John Terry doing the same in a Champions League final. That one couldn't have happened to a better person mind you. 

Just now, SirJimmyofNic said:

Spent 6 months at Hamilton in 2019, hes a winger as well as a CF 

Played 1 game for Hamilton in the Diddy Cup, doesn't appear to have had a lot of game time when on loan at Sheffield Wednesday either. Seems he's another Dan O'Reilly, released by previous team and not been picked up by anyone else til now and rather than go all out offering him the full season we'll see what he's like up until January. 

Collin’s seems to be using that Rolodex…a discouraging commentary on how thin the availability is that it’s taken this long and digging this deep, however, it’s good to see a result from his work.

1 minute ago, renton said:

Well, after Ethon Varian and Timmy Abraham, can only hope it's third time lucky for signing folk out of the U-23 English Prem netork.

We've not signed this boy out the U23 English Prem network though, he got the chop from Everton in 2020.

26 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/12936406/penalty-heartache-for-accrington-as-adedoyin-slips-when-taking-penalty

Between this, and Dabo missing for Coventry in the play off final, lets hope we don't end up in a penalty shoot out anytime soon 😬

Guy signs for the Rovers and our own supporters are straight in about sharing a low point. He slipped and missed a penalty, these things happen everywhere, even in Champions League Finals.

Really don’t understand the mentality of not just getting behind a young lad looking to grab a chance. If it doesn’t work out, then so be it, the fact is our options are limited right now and hopefully he can be more of a threat than Smith and Jamieson who deputised when Hamilton was out.

Edited by Raithfan2711