The New Raith Rovers Thread

I'd still be hopeful of Anderson, a left winger, a left back and three strikers (or two plus Spence).

Hopefully bring in a decent striker! Peter McDonald staying at Dundee or has he been released? I remember Dundee fans saying that they didn't think he would be able to make the step-up for them..?

Hopefully bring in a decent striker! Peter McDonald staying at Dundee or has he been released? I remember Dundee fans saying that they didn't think he would be able to make the step-up for them..?

They took a gamble with him that paid off but he is still very injury prone. If we were going to sign a player like that id rather it be on loan

I'm quite happy with the signing of Scott. As I recall a midfielder in the mould we require, someone a bit more likely to be 'in the face' of the opposition which, I imagine, will be more useful than Fox's laissez-faire attitude to pressing.

And if we're continuing to steal Livingston players. I only saw him once but based on that one showing the left back, Mike Mampuya, would be worth a look as well.

If Spence wants regular football then all he has to do is play well, work hard and score goals. If he doesn't do those things then he should be dropped. Simple.

Murray can hardly say to him he will play every week no matter what so it really is up to Spence.

I'm quite happy with the signing of Scott. As I recall a midfielder in the mould we require, someone a bit more likely to be 'in the face' of the opposition which, I imagine, will be more useful than Fox's laissez-faire attitude to pressing.

Yeah. For all that most folk seem to have decided that Allan Walker was shit after he'd gone, we missed a bit of his energy / drive / character / gallus / whatever-word-you-want-to-use in centre-mid last season, when things weren't going well.

What is it with Raith and signing ex Livi players?? :unsure2:

You were welcome to Fox and got a great deal on Watson. I wished we had kept Scott. Craig Barr is one of those players who blow hot and cold and can be a bit of a liability at times. He and Watson are good pals. The others you have were either not our players or didn't get a lot of game time.

Calum Elliot is good at this level but his diving would quite honestly embarrass me.

What is it with Raith and signing ex Livi players?? :unsure2:

You were welcome to Fox and got a great deal on Watson. I wished we had kept Scott. Craig Barr is one of those players who blow hot and cold and can be a bit of a liability at times. He and Watson are good pals. The others you have were either not our players or didn't get a lot of game time.

Calum Elliot is good at this level but his diving would quite honestly embarrass me.

Honestly? I'd guess it's because Rovers are only really an attractive proposition, money wise, to east coast based players. At our level, that's a limited pool of players and they will all end up playing for the same clubs over their careers, Livi have been the dominant club in our wee area alongside Dunfermline for the last few years so it makes sense that the better championship club players will have those two clubs on their CVs. As Livi seem to be cutting back a bit on wages, Rovers become the main beneficiary - as Livi were in reverse all those years ago when we practically begged you to sign the 'Livi three' due to our own wage issues at the time.

As for the bit in bold. It does, we have a song, it's not widely sung or known, but it's quite good.

Edited by renton