Who's Going To Uni?

Successfully re-elected to the Union Board today, with frankly embarrassing majority. Happy days.

On that subject - anyone else involved in student politics or your union/association administration?

No, but I have a mildly amusing story.

We had someone in our class who was the very definition of hopeless, but he decided to run for one of the Vice Presidencies, despite graduating this year (perfectly acceptable...the post would normally result in a 1-year sabbatical from studies anyway).

Initially, we ripped the piss. But then it dawned on us: if he's "working" for DUSA, it takes him out of the jobs market. Now whilst he wouldn't really have been a threat anyway, the fact this buffoon would be going into interviews with a degree from the same school at the same university wouldn't put the rest of us in a good light.

So we all voted for him.

Sadly, he didn't get in...

Can you still get a pint of diesel in the union? I mind drinking a shed load of that stuff one night on the shitty band night and having the most precise hangover ever the next day - seriously it was concentrated in a square inch area just above my nose :lol:

ventured off campus much yet?

Deisel is very odd - its a combination of 3 things which shouldn't mix, even if they would you'd imagine it would taste quite beery, but it doesn't, and the result is rather pleasant :)

Personally prefer just a pint of cider myself though.

Dunc, 90% if the people I've seen get on/off the 62/63 at the wallace monument are lost foreigners and need the assistance of the bus driver, but that one is just pure stupidity!

The Greeks can be, although my mates are pretty talkative for Greeks, it's in his genes.

He can't help it.

Ya c**t ye.

For those who wonder what the f**k is being talked about here, I'm a guy with long black hair, so obviously I look like Georgios Samaras.

Ya c**t ye.

For those who wonder what the f**k is being talked about here, I'm a guy with long black hair, so obviously I look like Georgios Samaras.

To be fair you also have a fairly Mediterranean complexion as well, I didn't get referred to as Samaras when I had a lot longer black hair than you do! :P

Ya c**t ye.

There was a guy near me in the politics lecture yesterday with long black hair.

I'm guessing it was probably you then.

There was a guy near me in the politics lecture yesterday with long black hair.

I'm guessing it was probably you then.

I presume so.

You should come say hello; the group I'm cutting about in has me, a Killie fan, two Partick fans and a Clyde fan, so you can get some intelligent football chatter. ;)

I got on a bus last week into town and I swear I was the only white person on it. The driver said to me as I was paying "by the way, this is the bus tae Stirling, no fuckin Beijing'. I had a wee chuckle.

Aye there is one driver that has an obvious disdain for the smelly Asians. Was probably the same one the other week that asked me for my student card on one of the buses. I had forgot it but he went ''I'll just give ye the student fare since yir fuckin Scottish.'' I also had a wee chuckle.

Happy belated birthday.

Cheers.

Doing Politics at Edinburgh until last year, it was quite unusual to find someone who actually followed football (well, aside from "England" "Chelsea" "Arsenal" or "Man Utd"). In fact - in a significant number of tutorials, the number of exponents of cricket, polo and lacrosse would outstrip the beautiful game.

Then again it was often quite unusual to find someone who was actually from outside SE England :rolleyes: .

I get no football chat at all. From people in halls, lectures, tutorials, people I meet when out, it doesn't matter, nobody likes football. This may have something to do with the fact that 90% of the people I know here are female, but that's not the point. Anyone that I've spoke to that does 'support' a team has said Rangers/Liverpool/Man Utd etc. Boo. :(

Dunc, or other Stirling peeps, how long does the train take to get to Edinburgh? And are they regular? I think I'm going to be a sad act and head back to Kirkcaldy for our match with Inverness. No classes on Wednesday, so I'll probably just stay the night at home. We better fucking win, I'm missing out on a night on the piss!

Dunc, or other Stirling peeps, how long does the train take to get to Edinburgh? And are they regular? I think I'm going to be a sad act and head back to Kirkcaldy for our match with Inverness. No classes on Wednesday, so I'll probably just stay the night at home. We better fucking win, I'm missing out on a night on the piss!

Takes about forty to forty-five minutes IIRC, right into Waverley.

Trains to Edinburgh come every half hour, six minutes after the half hour (ie 1336, 1406 and so on) and take about 45 minutes to an hour. There's also a bus that leaves every hour (not sure about times) from the bus stance in front of the atrium, takes roughly the same amount of time and is cheaper.

Yep. (Although, seriously mate, I wouldn't be regarding knowing lots of women as a negative :rolleyes: ).

It's most certainly not! ;)

Trains to Edinburgh come every half hour, six minutes after the half hour (ie 1336, 1406 and so on) and take about 45 minutes to an hour. There's also a bus that leaves every hour (not sure about times) from the bus stance in front of the atrium, takes roughly the same amount of time and is cheaper.

Cheers mhak. I'll look into the bus, although I finish at 4 and was looking to get back in Kirkcaldy by 6 so I could get tea at home. Save money and all that.

I feel like a tragic case going back for this, and I don't even know why. I've travelled further for midweek matches in the past. Any of the other Stirling-based Rovers fans heading through?

I've been to all but one of the Heart of Midlothian FC matches since I got here (missed Killie at home, as it was on the second day of Fresher's Week), which my flatmates don't seem to 'get'. It's quite a bit easier with it being in Edinburgh, though: I've got the train over and back to the home games without actually going home, and have only actually gone home for the away games so that I could get the bus through. Sad as it is, that's part of the reason why I chose Stirling. :(

Edit: Should've mentioned this in the earlier post, but the bus is Citylink number 909. It's £6.30 single and, oddly enough, £6.30 return.

Edited by Mak

I presume so.

You should come say hello; the group I'm cutting about in has me, a Killie fan, two Partick fans and a Clyde fan, so you can get some intelligent football chatter. ;)

I might do, although if I'm involved it's unlikely to be very intelligent really...

I've been to all but one of the Heart of Midlothian FC matches since I got here (missed Killie at home, as it was on the second day of Fresher's Week), which my flatmates don't seem to 'get'. It's quite a bit easier with it being in Edinburgh, though: I've got the train over and back to the home games without actually going home, and have only actually gone home for the away games so that I could get the bus through. Sad as it is, that's part of the reason why I chose Stirling. :(

Edit: Should've mentioned this in the earlier post, but the bus is Citylink number 909. It's £6.30 single and, oddly enough, £6.30 return.

I've only made it to one Clyde match since I got to Glasgow :lol:

I do have very little incentive to make the effort though.

Forget "Who's going to Uni", more like who's going to a recruitment fair! :D

Anyone been to one before, and whats it like?

A uni recruitment fair?

They're OK, but can sometimes just turn into a "oohh, look at us with our fancy buildings and great students" kind of thing.

Go there knowing exactly what course or courses you want to ask about. If a university doesn't offer them, say "thanks anyway" and walk away before they have a chance to bombard you with stuff about supposedly similar courses that they do run.