Top Gear

Finally got a chance to watch last week's episode, wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would have been and will watch the next episode tonight.

Matt was a lot better than I thought he'd be and if Evans reigns himself in a notch or 2 I think it'll be just fine.

It was never going to be as good as Top Gear was around 7-8 years ago, but the show was in a slow steady decline prior to any catering punch-up incidents anyway.

I fair enjoy the challenges that Clarkson and co do. Not just the epic adventures but the buy 3 cars and turn them into ambulances etc.

They've always been the best episodes. My particular favourite being the Alfa Romeo challenge in 2008.

Last night's show was much improved on the first one. They're at their strongest when they aren't #tryingtoohard and when Chris Evans stops doing his best impersonation of Richard Hammond trying to pretend to be Jeremy Clarkson.

The Extra Gear show and presenters are decent too.

Its been pretty decent, not sure how a tv review show about cars get so much attention and analysis as if it is expected to be a HBO masterpiece. I probably wouldn't have been that fussed about tuning in but seeing all the negativity thought I would see what the fuss was about. If viewing figures are just live ones that prob a reflection of demographics only live tv I watched is a football match and similar story for friends. Evans comes across as a prat and as time goes on especially with challenges etc it will be the guy people love to hate and cheering on mr cool matt Le Blanc. The celebrity in car challenge I think could do with Matt joining in as well to interview. 

That must have been the one where they had to cut the doughnut with the Cenotaph in view, daftness, the car was miles away. Good show, less time trying to be funny and more about cars. The humour has to evolve, you can't just invent it for the first show, as was evident.