Top Gear

Think the show is taking a lot of undeserved criticism. Have seen people on Facebook saying that they've copied all the old stuff and it's a joke that they didn't try to change the format.  Can guarantee if they did change everything that people would be moaning saying why did they change it!

Matt leBlanc is actually quite entertaining. However much like the TFI Friday reboot, Evans seems to make things fall square on their arse.

This. I quite liked LeBlanc. As Stu said, the studio bits were pretty cringeworthy. The funniest bit of it was when someone heckled "new caterers" at the Indian restaurant staff, only for Evans to ruin it by explaining the joke  :rolleyes:

Edited by Mr X

I didn't think it was that bad to be honest.  Obviously there wasn't the same polish and chemistry between the presenters and Clarkson more or less defined how a show like this is presented so it's a big shadow to cast off and they haven't managed it yet.

Le Blanc was decent, made me laugh once, and you can see he's actually good at comedy. 

Evans didn't seem entirely comfortable being the main presenter. 

And one of the good things about the old Top Gear was the three presenters.  I think just having two main presenters is a bit wearing, they need someone else in the studio other than Le Blanc and Evans.

You know, with hindsight, I think Le Blanc could do the show himself with a series of guest presenters. His film about the Ariel Nomad was pretty good and if he had the main presenter role with others feeding off him instead of playing the Yank fall guy to Evans,it would be sufficiently different from old TG to work.

What's clear is Evans doesn't actually bring anything to the show.

Evans is only slightly less obnoxious than Clarkson, Le Blanc is light years less irritating than Hammond, and May was so pointless that he didn't need replaced. So, yes, an improvement on the old crew in my book.

Le Blanc is a bit out of his comfort zone as a presenter, but I think he can grow into it and I like his sense of humour.

I'll certainly give it a few weeks to see how it pans out.

I really wanted this to work as well. 

Top gear was always something good to have on in the background or if you were fed up. 

I'll give it another few episodes before passing judgement. 

Top Gear worked best as an idiots abroad travel show. The cars were subservient to the casual racism and hilarious hi-jinx.

Chris Evans is 1. Not hilarious. 2. Probably not a borderline racist and 3. Way too shouty.

The other three dozen presenters I couldn't tell you much about, but there's far too many of them for an amusing trek across Saudi Arabia.

Basically, I'll never ever watch this Evans thing and I'll illegally stream the original version when they go galavanting across South Sudan in a 2CV.

And in three years, Evans will be back on Radio 2 and the BBC will go grovelling back to Clarkson.

Top Gear worked best as an idiots abroad travel show. The cars were subservient to the casual racism and hilarious hi-jinx.

Chris Evans is 1. Not hilarious. 2. Probably not a borderline racist and 3. Way too shouty.

The other three dozen presenters I couldn't tell you much about, but there's far too many of them for an amusing trek across Saudi Arabia.

Basically, I'll never ever watch this Evans thing and I'll illegally stream the original version when they go galavanting across South Sudan in a 2CV.

And in three years, Evans will be back on Radio 2 and the BBC will go grovelling back to Clarkson.

We only saw one of them last night, the German woman whos name Im not even going to try. She was awful

Looks like two of them, at least, are going to be on a Top Gear Extra type shite which is online only. Why do we need all these "extra" shows??

I don't think it was that bad, granted I only like the Top Gears when they go abroad to the North Pole ect but that wasn't any worse than your run of the mill Clarkson stuff.

Everyone seems to have a perceived opinion that Evans is a c'nt (which could be true) but look at the guy he replaced ffs, probably the biggest c'nt in the UK. Matt Le Blanc was pretty cool.

Its just a show about cars at the end of the day, there is nothing to stop top gear fans watching this and Clarkson's new show, if indeed the people that watch the show are actually interested in cars and not just the #bantz

Everyone seems to have a perceived opinion that Evans is a c'nt (which could be true) but look at the guy he replaced ffs, probably the biggest c'nt in the UK.

Incorrect.

In fact, the BBC have managed to replace Clarkson with the only person in the UK who is a bigger c*nt.

From what ive heard they already asked Clarkson and co to come back, this was shortly before the amazon announcement and he told them where to go

Can see him waiting for one of 2 things.

Top gear to be cancelled and Amazon buy the rights to the name.

Or

Top gear with Evans completely flops and they pay Clarkson triple his wages at BBC originally.

I can't see Top Gear being cancelled tbh. It must generate a serious amount of cash for the BBC and an American audience are going to be even more intrigued now it's fronted by Joey from Friends.

The thing is, I don't actually mind Evans, but it's like someone told him to do the role like Clarkson (minus the punching and racism). Who knows, he might grow into it, also Daily Mail readers must hate him, so that's a plus in my book.

I can't see Top Gear being cancelled tbh. It must generate a serious amount of cash for the BBC and an American audience are going to be even more intrigued now it's fronted by Joey from Friends.

The thing is, I don't actually mind Evans, but it's like someone told him to do the role like Clarkson (minus the punching and racism). Who knows, he might grow into it, also Daily Mail readers must hate him, so that's a plus in my book.

I really dont know what to make of this new one, from what ive heard they havent really changed anything except the cast, which i suppose is good, if it aint broke dont fix it, clearly the formula works. But i think a big part of what drew people to the show was that it was basically a few mates dicking around with expensive cars, you cant really force that kind of camaraderie and i think the success of the show will depend on how the cast get along and with everyone saying this far "Get rid of Evans, keep Leblanc" and generally thinking the other 4 are forgetful it doesnt bode well for the show. I think if Amazon want this new show to work they are gonna have to distrubute it like the BBC did, i mean i still watch old repeats of Top Gear on dave and i know plenty of people still do, if Amazon keep it completely exclusive to thier awful subscription service then people arent gonna watch.

Seems to be in the midst of a breakdown on Twitter with the ratings. Not sure if he's pleased or acting like he is.

Chris Evans â€@achrisevans 4h4 hours ago

Top Gear series 1 episode 23, catch it again tonight 7 pm BBC2. That's when it's on. FACT.

Top Gear audience grew throughout the hour. FACT. Won its slot. FACT. Still number one on i Player. FACT. These are THE FACTS folks.

The new Top Gear is a hit. OFFICIALLY. 23 % audience share. 12% MORE than the opening episode of the last series. These are the FACTS.

Gaz Weetman â€@GazWeetman 4h

@achrisevans You're even SHOUTING IN YOUR TWEETS

@achrisevans funny that, i switched on then off after 20 minutes. Hype brought the numbers, not your performance. Give us numbers next year.

^ agree with this

Edited by EdgarusQPFC