Nom Nom Nom

7 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

Making some tagliatelle with green pesto & wee baby plum tomatoes through it, some grilled chicken involved too.

I fucking love green pesto. Have you tried making your own? Huge flavour compared to shop bought. Also, have a go at Sicilian Pesto. It has Almonds and tomato in it. Its superb. 

7 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I like the look of the mushrooms.  Do you find the thermometer helpful?

Na it was just lying there as I had my pizza oven out too the other night and forgot to put that away. 

Mushrooms were brushed with olive oil and garlic puree and were actually the highlight of the meal for me

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Na it was just lying there as I had my pizza oven out too the other night and forgot to put that away. 

Mushrooms were brushed with olive oil and garlic puree and were actually the highlight of the meal for me

I looked at one of these ooni pizza online recently.  Don’t know if I’d use it often enough to justify the cost but I love a good pizza and imagine one cooked in a pizza oven would be head and shoulders above an oven baked one.

12 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I looked at one of these ooni pizza online recently.  Don’t know if I’d use it often enough to justify the cost but I love a good pizza and imagine one cooked in a pizza oven would be head and shoulders above an oven baked one.

That's what I have. The one I posted the other night was the best one I have made yet I think. It was really good. I really enjoy pizzas from it and I'm speaking as someone who can take or leave shop-bought oven pizza

1 hour ago, Silverton End said:

Making some tagliatelle with green pesto & wee baby plum tomatoes through it, some grilled chicken involved too.

Going to be honest, I prefer it when you post big sexy kebabs. 

Less baby plum tomatoes, plz. 

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

I fucking love green pesto. Have you tried making your own? Huge flavour compared to shop bought. Also, have a go at Sicilian Pesto. It has Almonds and tomato in it. Its superb. 

Have never made my own tbh, think I binned our mortar and pestle too 😢

9 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Anyone got/use a smoker?

I've used one in a professional kitchen doubt it's going to be value for money in a domestic kitchen. I have seen people make a straw parcel and as it burns you get the smokey flavour

18 minutes ago, Dele said:

Going to be honest, I prefer it when you post big sexy kebabs. 

Less baby plum tomatoes, plz. 

Dele, I'd prefer to be eating big kebabs on naan bread, but told the missus I'd get the finger out and cook tonight.

Ps....Thinking bout a special Shish from our takeaway, for the end of this week, lamb shish with chargrilled green peppers, mushroom & onion on naan 😍

Anyway here's tonight's offering, it was ok.

20200422_180753.thumb.jpg.855ccb6727c3ee54fbf40355813f8ca8.jpg

2 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

Dele, I'd prefer to be eating big kebabs on naan bread, but told the missus I'd get the finger out and cook tonight.

Ps....Thinking bout a special Shish from our takeaway, for the end of this week, lamb shish with chargrilled green peppers, mushroom & onion on naan 😍

Anyway here's tonight's offering, it was ok.

20200422_180753.thumb.jpg.855ccb6727c3ee54fbf40355813f8ca8.jpg

^^^took all the chicken, gave her most of the tomatoes

2 minutes ago, AUFC90 said:

Homemade beef stroganoff with tagliatelle using a couple of sirloins bought from the butcher's. Was glorious.

Stroganoff is one of my all time favourites, so much that I still keep it as a rare treat. It used to be the "special birthday tea" my mum would cook before she got lazy and we had a chinese instead.

Stroganoff is one of my all time favourites, so much that I still keep it as a rare treat. It used to be the "special birthday tea" my mum would cook before she got lazy and we had a chinese instead.
It's defo on the regular rotation from now on.