Nom Nom Nom

I often make it with tagliatelle rather than rice aswell. Much prefer it that way. 
Stroganoff should be eaten with thin chips.

Rice indeed.
Have to say I prefer rice as well. Had none in the cupboard. First time using pasta and it works fine.

20200422_182855.thumb.jpg.2c5d5a00b1eb97fd189234df756c8d56.jpg

20200422_182846.thumb.jpg.5b54e9d3ca69630907bd4df342e97697.jpg

Chicken fajitas tonight.

That's the stuff to go in the wraps obviously. Looks a mess but very tasty.

It's two chicken breast sliced up, seasoned with salt, pepper and a blast from the chili and garlic grinder. There's a whole red onion in there, 4 cloves of garlic, a whole sweet red pepper and near enough a whole bag of mixed rocket leaves.

I put the garlic and red onion in the blender and whizz it a few times until it's fairly fine. That gets chucked in to a pan with a glug of olive oil on a medium heat for a while until the onions are almost caramelising.

Chicken is fired in to a wok with another glug of olive oil on a medium heat, and once each piece has been turned over once (i.e. it has some colour on one side) the onions and garlic are added in. 

The other pan is then turned right up to nearly full heat (the rings on my stove go to 6 so I put up to 5) and the pepper, which has been sliced in to thin slices, is added. The result here is to get a nice char on the peppers but not burn them. Gives them a nice flavour.

Whilst all that is cooking, I fire as much of a bag of mixes rocket leaves as I can in to the blender (it's a smaller one) and whizz it until fine. 

The peppers are then added to the wok. Give everything a nice mix and then, for the last couple minutes of cooking, fire the shredded leaves in. The leaves and onions mix to make a delightful coating (it really is nice enough to eat by itself) on the chicken and peppers.

Fire in some wraps to the oven for a couple of minutes and that's it.

The fajita mix is spooned on to a wrap, a wee bit of grated cheese is added, then the wrap is wrapped and a delicious dinner is had.

It makes a lot so a good portion of the fajita mix has been saved for sandwiches tomorrow.

14 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Chicken fajitas tonight.

It's two chicken breast sliced up, seasoned with salt, pepper and a blast from the chili and garlic grinder. There's a whole red onion in there, 4 cloves of garlic, a whole sweet red pepper and near enough a whole bag of mixed rocket leaves.

I put the garlic and red onion in the blender and whizz it a few times until it's fairly fine. That gets chucked in to a pan with a glug of olive oil on a medium heat for a while until the onions are almost caramelising.

Chicken is fired in to a wok with another glug of olive oil on a medium heat, and once each piece has been turned over once (i.e. it has some colour on one side) the onions and garlic are added in. 

The other pan is then turned right up to nearly full heat (the rings on my stove go to 6 so I put up to 5) and the pepper, which has been sliced in to thin slices, is added. The result here is to get a nice char on the peppers but not burn them. Gives them a nice flavour.

Whilst all that is cooking, I fire as much of a bag of mixes rocket leaves as I can in to the blender (it's a smaller one) and whizz it until fine. 

The peppers are then added to the wok. Give everything a nice mix and then, for the last couple minutes of cooking, fire the shredded leaves in. The leaves and onions mix to make a delightful coating (it really is nice enough to eat by itself) on the chicken and peppers.

The fajita mix is spooned on to a wrap, a wee bit of grated cheese is added, then the wrap is wrapped and a delicious dinner is had.

It makes a lot so a good portion of the fajita mix has been saved for sandwiches tomorrow.

Sounds delicious.  Can’t have fajitas without a dod of sour cream on them when wrapping mind.

Chicken fajitas tonight.

Looks good, should try making your own guacamole next time, it’s dead easy & 100 times better than shop bought.
Put me in the mood for fajitas tonight now!

20200423_130434.thumb.jpg.17999e46b9c01cbda0b81d59f3377116.jpg

20200423_130929.thumb.jpg.de9a73e21fea97c0e0cf12abbecb9070.jpg

Fajita sandwiches. Two bits of buttered bread per sandwich. Grated cheese on the bottom, add the leftover fajita mix, some Worcester sauce, more cheese on top, then wrapped in baking paper and fired in to the oven.

Edited by DA Baracus

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

20200423_130434.thumb.jpg.17999e46b9c01cbda0b81d59f3377116.jpg

20200423_130929.thumb.jpg.de9a73e21fea97c0e0cf12abbecb9070.jpg

Fajita sandwiches. Two bits of buttered bread per sandwich. Grated cheese on the bottom, add the leftover fajita mix, some Worcester sauce, more cheese on top, then wrapped in baking paper and fired in to the oven.

The premise was good but it was all let down by that bread mate. 

That bread looks shite. 

Edit : nae photos but my mate who had a BBQ with her kids yesterday dropped off some honey & sriacha coated turkey breasts so I pan'd that, some rice and then - on the recommendation of posters here - put some of the jalapeno habanero tabasco sauce through the rice. 

It was marvellous. Kudos to whoever brought that sauce up. Just the right amount of heat. Lovely. 

Edited by Dele

1 hour ago, Dele said:

The premise was good but it was all let down by that bread mate. 

That bread looks shite. 

Edit : nae photos but my mate who had a BBQ with her kids yesterday dropped off some honey & sriacha coated turkey breasts so I pan'd that, some rice and then - on the recommendation of posters here - put some of the jalapeno habanero tabasco sauce through the rice. 

It was marvellous. Kudos to whoever brought that sauce up. Just the right amount of heat. Lovely. 

Was just a basic Hovis effort. In normal times I'd get something better but not firing out at the moment to get something special. Usually do the shopping on a Sunday or Monday.

It was very good anyway. When roasted the bread was fine.

14 minutes ago, philpy said:

Lamb tikka kebabs sizzling away nicely. Got some greek kebab meat to put on in a bit, along with some flatbreads and onion rings. The latter done in the oven of course. 

IMG_20200423_172819.jpg

I’d be interested in seeing a photo of those lamb kebabs when they’re cooked, they look excellent. 

3 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Was just a basic Hovis effort. In normal times I'd get something better but not firing out at the moment to get something special. Usually do the shopping on a Sunday or Monday.

It was very good anyway. When roasted the bread was fine.

Markies bread is #Sensaysh. 

Edited by Dele

6 minutes ago, Dele said:

Markies bread is #Sensaysh. 

Alas, not my usual stop for the shopping! I do like the food hall down in the retail park though. Some good stuff in there and the only place I know of that do Beavertown Brewery beer, which is exceptional.

34 minutes ago, Rugster said:

I’d be interested in seeing a photo of those lamb kebabs when they’re cooked, they look excellent. 

Too late, all gone!! You can get them in aldi though, £1.99 for 4.