Nom Nom Nom

Just now, MixuFixit said:

Hmm pasta and fish is a toughie, I think it only works with very firm fleshed fish otherwise the fish just disintegrates into the pasta. Tuna would be my first choice unless money was no object then something like halibut.

It was absolute shite, she put onions and garlic in it which made it worse. The cod was just so dry and flavourless and she added courgette to it as well. I’m making chilli in the slow cooker which will last us two nights and is a pretty bland dinner as well tbh. I’m having a few nights off the drink as well so this is going to straighten me right out.

Hmm pasta and fish is a toughie, I think it only works with very firm fleshed fish otherwise the fish just disintegrates into the pasta. Tuna would be my first choice unless money was no object then something like halibut.

Prawns, spaghetti, tomatoes, bit of garlic, maybe some capers.

That’s about as much seafood as I can take with pasta.

Or I suppose a carbonara with smoked salmon rather than bacon.

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Inspired once again by @Bairnardo I made green pesto*.  Just had it with linguine and Santini tomatoes.  Pretty terrific; going to have a go at red pesto on Wednesday.

* Used a food processor that I bought about 20 years for the first time to achieve this.

The vibrancy of flavor and the brightness of the "green" flavor, aswell as the proper hum of fresh garlic int he background puts it lightyears ahead of (admittedly still decent) shop bought ones.

1 hour ago, MixuFixit said:

Assume you don't include shellfish in this?

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

The vibrancy of flavor and the brightness of the "green" flavor, aswell as the proper hum of fresh garlic int he background puts it lightyears ahead of (admittedly still decent) shop bought ones.

Currently phoning 999 on this. 

4 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

Tuna Neopolitana is fucking orgasmic. 

I never liked the idea of pasta and fish but the one time I had it it was really nice.  The hotel we go to in Lanzarote do fresh pasta to order with three options every meal, I had it with smoked salmon in a creamy sauce; wonderful.

14 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

I make a really easy thing with pasta, cream cheese, salmon and any kind of green veg you fancy (asparagus works well)

Cook the pasta, add the veg, mix in the cream cheese, flake in the cooked salmon.  Done.

I add soy sauce and sriracha sauce over mine as well.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Anyone ever tried their hand at making cheese?

My brother in law in London made cheese for a bit.  One of they cheese kit things for brie.  He made a blue cheese once as well.

My sister said they were all shit though.

I found one of these in Aldi the other day. Absolutely superb but unsure of the best way to consume; for the time being it's just been the odd spoonful straight out the jar but I'd imagine it would go lovely mixed in a steak and sausage stew. 

IMG_0503+%281%29.jpg