HibeeJibee Retires from P&B...

HibeeJibee

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At primary school we used to try and make people "take a scadgie", where you wind them up so much that they basically lose it and just go mental, usually ending up with them smashing something or getting into trouble with the teacher.

I think Ric just took a scadgie.

At primary school we used to try and make people "take a scadgie", where you wind them up so much that they basically lose it and just go mental, usually ending up with them smashing something or getting into trouble with the teacher.

I think Ric just took a scadgie.

Was that in Fife? A 'scadgie' in Ayrshire was to borrow or scrounge, whereas someone who lost the plot was described as having an 'eppie' or 'flakie'.

Was that in Fife? A 'scadgie' in Ayrshire was to borrow or scrounge, whereas someone who lost the plot was described as having an 'eppie' or 'flakie'.

Aye, Kirkcaldy. What a rich, wonderful and diverse language we have.

Nope. Presumably you mean HibeeJibee, but I don't know anyone else anyway.

I barely even registered the guy as a poster, other than when he was trying to ban smoking, and every now and again popping up to clarify SFA rules.

No, the guy I mentioned on the TYWTS thread...

Aye, Kirkcaldy. What a rich, wonderful and diverse language we have.

Aye, absolutely.

There's people moaning about the lack of interesting features in the 17 pages, and here we are educating them in regional colloquialisms!

We're wasted on these philistines, Gordon.

We always used "flakie" ourselves.

There was a lad at our school known as flakie. Although, I think that had more to do with his psoriasis rather than any extreme mood swings.

Thsi thread is awesome, great work guys, great work.

Ric is a prime candidate for resigning due to his high opinion of himself. XBL will never resign, no matter if he posts genius or madness or misogyny or devilment. Swampy won't resign either, he is too haughty to really care what others think of him. I may resign as I have tendancies towards drama.

This is exactly why Rhic was never any good as a windup merchant. It doesn't work if you get wound up in return.

Edit: As my name is now filtered, I'm going to resign in disgust.

This is exactly why Rhic was never any good as a windup merchant. It doesn't work if you get wound up in return.

Edit: As my name is now filtered, I'm going to resign in disgust.

I can't see your name being filtered, it just looks like "mhak" to me?

Can you see it now? :lol:

Hang on, how the feck did that happen? Seriously, I said mhak! Not Mhak!

:lol::lol:

Awesome! How come?

And is using a term like mhak not sectarian in itself?

Ric is a prime candidate for resigning due to his high opinion of himself. XBL will never resign, no matter if he posts genius or madness or misogyny or devilment. Swampy won't resign either, he is too haughty to really care what others think of him. I may resign as I have tendancies towards drama.

You won't resign! Of those that I consider the bright posters on here, you're probably one of the only ones that doesn't lower himself to the petty sniping, semantics, and leading questions that most of us (if we were being truthful) occasionally resort to!

ICTChris - adds a touch of highbrow class to any site.

Btw, I think you've called Swampy and myself quite accurately.

Archived