Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

7 hours ago, Shotgun said:

Imagine the scenes if Engerlund make it to the world cup final but Betty crosses the Styx that morning.

Popping her clogs in the middle of a rendition of God Save The Queen would be most amusing. 

Edited by Dee Man

4 hours ago, Dee Man said:

Popping her clogs in the middle of a rendition of God Save The Queen would be most amusing. 

Oh but just think of the potential for drama there. Right as she keels over, face first  into her peasant curry, or whatever she snacks on while watching the fitba, Jehovah swoops down from heaven above and resuscitates her. Actually doing his job and saving her, long to reign over us.

I'd pay to see that.

7 minutes ago, Raidernation said:

If Betty snuffs it during a WCF with England in it they wanna announce it til the next day at least

Built in excuse, mind. "We wuddav wan the warld cap mayt but..."

5 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

The Hand of God Save the Queen. 

Whatever that means. 

If we're doing mash-ups I want to see her coked out her nut when she's walking past a crowd of the snivelling cretins that turn out to see her when she's opening something.

I've just started reading a book on improving your memory. If anyone is going to the shops to get rice, sausages, wine, peas, cheese, eggs, chicken, bin bags, tin foil and washing powder and hasn't got anything to write a list on, give me a shout and I'll tell you how to remember it. 
Out of interest what technique does it teach you? I read a Derren Brown book a while back and his technique involved placing object in a street you're familiar with but making them very large in your mind. It worked for a few items but not that many.

I used another technique and cannot remember where I learned it (ironically!) which is far more effective. You place and object in every room of a building or house you know well and walk around the building in your mind. That one works really well. I ended up 'sticking' objects up on the four walls of every building so I could remember more things. At one point I wrote them all down and memorised them. Well over 200 items. I got folk to say a number and I'd give them the corresponding item. Took me a wee bit of time to remember them all but if it improved my memory even a wee bit it's worth it. As it's generally shit!

27 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

Several handguns in there, I noticed. Just one canal?

I think some of the stuff was actually dug up from the ground too. They're building a metro tunnel.

Thought this serious matter needed repeating.

7 hours ago, Raidernation said:

IMO if she sniffs it before their next game I would expect them to have to withdraw

7 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

A249C033-4FCA-4273-B34A-49858CCFA2FF.jpeg

British athletics star Christin Ohuruogu has retired.

In a sport where drugs cheats dominate, it's important to remember her brave achievement in winning the World Championships in 2007 just after returning from a 12 month ban for missing drugs tests.

I, like the British media, am sure there was no connection between those missed tests and her massive improvement in that period.