Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

My landlord has decided to stop doing my flat as a private let and has handed it over to a letting agency. I was all in favour of this as he was a snakey evil b*****d. But I just got my copy of the contract to sign. Some of the great parts include:
Tenants are responsible for upkeep of garden (fair enough) but also for buying all the stuff needed to do the garden. f**k that mate.
A "discretionary" £350 plus VAT (minimum) payment to the letting agency for any month the flat sits empty after I leave my contract (not if I leave it early. Just if they can't get anyone in even if my contract is up and I've fucked off)
A £75 administration fee for handing any contracts. This includes when I sign to stay living in the place I am currently in and again every six months as they only do six month contracts.
I have to leave my room unlocked at all times during the last two months of the tenancy in case they want to show anyone around. If they come round and my room is locked I will be charged £50.
If I wish to make any changes to the contract these will cost £125 plus VAT per change.

Oh yeah. This is all dated from "1st September" as my moving in date even tho' they only sent me the contract today.

Phoned them up with a big fat "naw" and they said I need to vacate by 1st October. This was met with a bigger, fatter "naw". So now they want to discuss terms tomorrow. Whether I stay or find somewhere else I am now aiming to be the most annoying tenant they've ever had. Money grabbing b*****ds.

As always, a bit late to this party but one of the best landlord revenge stories I’ve heard is someone dropping a smoke alarm under the floorboards and then waiting for the battery to go flat. No loss of deposit (a la jobby stories above) but justice served.

Not entirely au fait with the English system but I’m fairly sure letting agents can’t charge for f**k all except rent and damages. ‘Admin charges’ and the like are straight in the sea.

Just now, Dee Man said:

Have another three and sellotape them together, obvz. 

Aye but you just know it wouldn't be that simple. Four pregnancies aren't going to pop out arms and legs in the right order. You'd end up with 5 or 6 top rights, 3 top lefts, 1 bottom right and no bottom left. You'd have to go looking for someone to do swapsies so you could complete the set. Nobody's got time for that. 

11 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

Aye but you just know it wouldn't be that simple. Four pregnancies aren't going to pop out arms and legs in the right order. You'd end up with 5 or 6 top rights, 3 top lefts, 1 bottom right and no bottom left. You'd have to go looking for someone to do swapsies so you could complete the set. Nobody's got time for that. 

Surely you would simply set up a meeting with a load of other people with quarter babies lying about and gather round like you did with football stickers in the school playground and swap your doublers for theirs? 

"Got, got, need, got..."

25 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Surely you would simply set up a meeting with a load of other people with quarter babies lying about and gather round like you did with football stickers in the school playground and swap your doublers for theirs? 

"Got, got, need, got..."

Yes. Much easier in the internet age, of course.

6 minutes ago, Zen Archer said:

He has a fine erection.

he certainly does- 8 foot of gravestone that reads "behold the perfect man who is most loved by his friends". 

mine will read "behold the waster whose main achievement was some green dots on Pie and Bovril"