Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

3 hours ago, Dee Man said:

Presumably, but I doubt if you'd refer to a priest as "your honour"?

You don't refer to a judge as "your honour" either - not in this country. It's "My lord".

(No, but I was on a jury.)

3 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

I've been attacked by a seagull... AGAIN!!!

This time the food was still hidden in the bag but the f***ers obviously know a baker's paper bag when they see one.

This one cuts out the middle man:

3 minutes ago, GordonD said:

You don't refer to a judge as "your honour" either - not in this country. It's "My lord".

Aye, right.

19 minutes ago, GordonD said:

Judges and Sheriffs are addressed as "My Lord".

Justices of the Peace are addressed as "Your Honour".

Referees are addressed as "You cu<SNIP>"

8 hours ago, GordonD said:

I can't help but feel you're looking too much into this and misreading it - the doctor was the one who said "Your honour" - take it up with her. I'll get her to register on here when I see her at next year's medical. 

Edited by Dee Man

3 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

I can't help but feel you're looking to much into this and misreading it - the doctor was the one who said "Your honour" - take it up with her. I'll get her to register on here when I see her at next year's medical. 

She offered her honour,

He honoured her offer,

And all night long,

It was honour and offer...

ken.png.4b70b773cd684a6105b09503841df15c.png

15 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

I can't help but feel you're looking to much into this and misreading it - the doctor was the one who said "Your honour" - take it up with her. I'll get her to register on here when I see her at next year's medical. 

I wasn't misreading it; I know you were reporting what she said, but I agree it's not worth pursuing any further. After all this is TYWTSWP&B and not PTTGOYN.

This is true, but most of us are able to activate a hand dryer without asking someone to lift us up.
Swings and roundabouts.
Suppose I elected to avoid such awkwardness by never washing my hands, id still be less of a fucking tramp than anyone who goes into a bakers and asks for/expects chips to be served.

This is true, but most of us are able to activate a hand dryer without asking someone to lift us up.
Swings and roundabouts.

He’s just jealous he can’t see over the bakers counter to order chips.
I don’t think I’ve ever had chips from a bakers but did frequent the 24hr bakery up here relatively frequently the summer I stayed close to it.

Suppose I elected to avoid such awkwardness by never washing my hands, id still be less of a fucking tramp than anyone who goes into a bakers and asks for/expects chips to be served.
Absolutely with you in this one. A baker is for something like a bridie, or sausage roll and a cake. Chips at a bakers is fucking mink material.

You learn something new every day on P&B but is chips from a baker really a thing? Do they have a deep fat fryer and sacks of potatoes sitting by the oven? Do you get them with a roll and sausage or maybe a mushroom supper? In all my days, I've never heard of this.

7 hours ago, Dee Man said:

Just back from a work medical which, amongst other things, included a hearing test. The test is done in a small soundproof booth which the attractive older lady doctor called her "confessional box".

- "I'll be in here a while then", I hilariously replied, immediately regretting my highly predictable shite patter. 

- "I thought she was 16 your honour, honest", she replied. 

I was glad she took the heat off me with the terrible bantz, but if I'm being honest I didn't expect her to go down the route of beast chat. 

Also, I'm not sure she knows what a confessional box is if she thinks it's a judge sat on the other side. 

I go to the same shop near every morning for rolls if I'm on nightshift. The guy knows he will only ever see me if I'm on nightshift. All we ever talk about is "two soft whites please" and he mentions the weather report for that day and I say "Aye, I'm on nights, I'll no see it anyway". Every. Fucking. Time.

Wednesday mornings exchange: 

Me : Two soft white, please.

Him : Looks awful today, wonder when we'll get sun?

Me : The longer it's like this, the better. I can't sleep when its too warm.

Him : Oh aye, you're on nightshift. How do you not just sleep in the basement? :huh:

Me : Then where would I put the dead bodies for the day?

Him :

IMG_1797.GIF.135fb0753bc07d8890036e23a65c6bfe.GIF

then : 

IMG_1798.GIF.457400631117fb0ea547f36b2d21d839.GIF

I've never seen a joke fail so specatacularly. I'll either get my rolls for free or lifted tomorrow morning. 

Edited by Dele

Airdrie had Dalziels, Christies, and a couple of others. The day Lightbodys opened and started selling chips along with the normal bakery products was a game changer. Life would never be the same. But they flew too close to the sun and shut down after a couple of years.

I identify it as the day the town centre died.