Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Guest Moomintroll
Reading this article and just thinking thank f**k I got to live through and enjoy the likes of TITP before the world became insufferable. 
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-48627574
They should have seen TITP in 2012 if they think that is bad. Had mud coming in over the top of my wellies at some points, that Ice cream van stuck in the middle of the lake on the Sunday was hilarious.

14 hours ago, ForzaDundee said:

Reading this article and just thinking thank f**k I got to live through and enjoy the likes of TITP before the world became insufferable. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-48627574

Can't remember the exact year but TITP in 2001 or 2002 was an absolute wash out and it was fantastic. Crowd of around a dozen of us went, half of them fucked off after the first night due to the rain. Left an astonishing cargo for the rest of us to get ripped into.

Anyway, I was actually going to post this: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-48615911

My missus is leaving work early and spending the evening at the #Frauenstreik event in Aarau. I'm delighted at this as it means I can go to the gym then go for a few pints without having to bother checking in or listening to her prattling on about whatever inane shite happened in her office today. I'm not sure this is the point of the whole thing, but it sure as hell gets my vote.

1 hour ago, LondonHMFC said:

Alan Brazil has made 60 today, how in the f**k has that happened?

Dean Saunders was telling him that the Welsh side had stayed in the hotel in Tunisia where the terrorist attack took place, Brazil replied "Oh aye? Shooting practice?"

Here's big Al hard at work at Talksport towers 

al brazil ..jpg

Guest Moomintroll
Can't remember the exact year but TITP in 2001 or 2002 was an absolute wash out and it was fantastic. Crowd of around a dozen of us went, half of them fucked off after the first night due to the rain. Left an astonishing cargo for the rest of us to get ripped into.

2002 was absolutely roasting, 2000 was a bit of a mare on the Sunday with the rain. Genuinely cant remember what the weather was like in 2001.

Just now, Moomintroll said:
20 minutes ago, Ross. said:

2002 was absolutely roasting, 2000 was a bit of a mare on the Sunday with the rain. Genuinely cant remember what the weather was like in 2001 but remember it was a shocking year for clashes, Chemical Brothers, Air & I think, Ian Brown all on at the same time among others.

I'll be honest, The years I attended from 2000-2005 or so all kind of merge into one big hazy drug induced dream. I am almost certain Texas were headlining the year in question though, and I went to see The Happy Mondays instead.

Guest Moomintroll
I'll be honest, The years I attended from 2000-2005 or so all kind of merge into one big hazy drug induced dream. I am almost certain Texas were headlining the year in question though, and I went to see The Happy Mondays instead.
Yeah just checked back, I was thinking of the 2002 line up, sunstroke will do that to a man. Have absolutely no recollection of 2001 then although I know I was definitely there.

1 hour ago, Ross. said:

Anyway, I was actually going to post this: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-48615911

My missus is leaving work early and spending the evening at the #Frauenstreik event in Aarau. I'm delighted at this as it means I can go to the gym then go for a few pints without having to bother checking in or listening to her prattling on about whatever inane shite happened in her office today. I'm not sure this is the point of the whole thing, but it sure as hell gets my vote.

my German was faulty there- I thought it was a Frauen Streak and I was going to ask for pics...

princess.png.c2bd31778d99188f3c132678325f4b50.png

Achtung! Die Wids..

T in the Park 2011. Pissed down most of the weekend and most of the Sunday. Consistent rain, not necessarily heavy. During the main event of the weekend, Pulp, the skies stay clear. Someone threw one of the yellow rain poncho things on stage. Jarvis picked it up and said "what's this, a rain mac? Don't worry," he pointed to the sky, "I've had a word," before throwing it over his shoulder and knocking it aside with his foot. By the time we left on Monday it was a swamp.

Moral of the story - don't ever doubt JC.

21 hours ago, ForzaDundee said:

Nobody told this to John Hawkins, 34, from Grimsby.

"I spent the next 24 hours crying in my tent," he said.

Going to music festivals at 34 and bursting out greetin' cause it's muddy is double OFTW behaviour.
This fella should be on a watch list.

16 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

"I spent the next 24 hours crying in my tent," he said.

Going to music festivals at 34 and bursting out greetin' cause it's muddy is double OFTW behaviour.
This fella should be on a watch list.

Some people are made of sterner stuff.

27D6CA79-8E9D-4BE8-8934-7B287FE90301.gif.ce3ad31a7c03e863c30e581c336ccb89.gif

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

TITP 2007 was a nightmare for mud. Couldn't get wellies anywhere in Glasgow in the day either. Ended up wearing a pair of boots like this (I'm sure it was the fashion at the time). Think I ended up with trench foot.

C6__99843.1503559724.jpg?c=2

Edited by Bert Raccoon

21 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

TITP 2007 was a nightmare for mud. Couldn't get wellies anywhere in Glasgow in the day either. Ended up wearing a pair of boots like this (I'm sure it was the fashion at the time). Think I ended up with trench foot.

Did you go as The Court Jester?

47 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

If the time was 1964, possibly.

T in the Park 2011. Pissed down most of the weekend and most of the Sunday. Consistent rain, not necessarily heavy. During the main event of the weekend, Pulp, the skies stay clear. Someone threw one of the yellow rain poncho things on stage. Jarvis picked it up and said "what's this, a rain mac? Don't worry," he pointed to the sky, "I've had a word," before throwing it over his shoulder and knocking it aside with his foot. By the time we left on Monday it was a swamp.
Moral of the story - don't ever doubt JC.
Remember this and also him passing round bevy and sweets to people in the crowd before going on a 10 minute rant about a single finger kit Kat or twix (can't remember which)

7 hours ago, Chicken Wing said:
10 hours ago, Bert Raccoon said:
C6__99843.1503559724.jpg?c=2&key=e9d37ac1d76b679c4c487aa3997e0474e7e97f56e16c896b6544b5be9d0cc1d5

Shandon Par likes this.

I don’t know what he meant by fashionable in 2007 as I was wearing a pair just yesterday.

A kid at high school once turned up in a similar pair that were standard Police issue at the time. These were less tolerant times and he got merciless hounded and battered over them.