Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

6 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Yeah but it feels like 43.6.

Best keep that jumper on.

All joking aside, there genuinely would be some maniacs kicking about the Perth suburbs with black hoodies on and their hoods up - I have witnessed it with my own eyes on several occasions in temperatures approaching that. Obviously people who were born and raised here are far more accustomed to the heat but c'mon to f**k. 

Just got an e-mail advising that something I ordered on line has been shipped and should be with me in 1 - 2 business days. Then at the end it says:

Please note: 
*It may take 1 more day for the following postal areas: Aberdeen, Isle of Man, Inverness, Kilmarnock, Kirkwall, Lerwick, Outer Hebrides, Paisley, Perth."

An extra day to the Isle of Man, Kirkwall, Lerwick and the Outer Hebrides is understandable. Aberdeen and Inverness less so.

But Kilmarnock, Paisley and Perth???

1 minute ago, GordonD said:

Just got an e-mail advising that something I ordered on line has been shipped and should be with me in 1 - 2 business days. Then at the end it says:

Please note: 
*It may take 1 more day for the following postal areas: Aberdeen, Isle of Man, Inverness, Kilmarnock, Kirkwall, Lerwick, Outer Hebrides, Paisley, Perth."

An extra day to the Isle of Man, Kirkwall, Lerwick and the Outer Hebrides is understandable. Aberdeen and Inverness less so.

Delivery driver/postman needs the extra time to tool up first

The official top temperature in Adelaide yesterday was given as 46.6 making it the highest recorded temperature for an Australian state capital but 4.3km away at another recording station used by the Bureau of Meteorology they recorded 47.7. Whatever it was fucking hot. 

Please note: 
It's the Kilmarnock, Perth and Paisley postal areas - KA contains Arran, PH contains Eigg, Rhum and Canna, and PA contains the likes of Tiree, Jura, Islay and Mull. I'm guessing they can't guarantee delivery of they are dependant on ferry crossings.

2 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
2 hours ago, GordonD said:
Please note: 

It's the Kilmarnock, Perth and Paisley postal areas - KA contains Arran, PH contains Eigg, Rhum and Canna, and PA contains the likes of Tiree, Jura, Islay and Mull. I'm guessing they can't guarantee delivery because yon c*nt keithgy is driving the van.

FTFY.

This morning, a group of Americans and I were making small talk while waiting on a meeting to start. The topic of my accent came up, as it often does when meeting people for the first time. I was born in Scotland, grew up in England, spent time in Australia and have lived in the US for over 25 years, so admittedly, it's tricky to pin down. 

As tends to happen, one guy told me with pride that he was "Irish." I've heard this from many, many Americans over the years and while most just want to acknowledge our shared kinship, I had a strong feeling this was the type to give me a lecture me on British foreign policy. So,I got in a preemptive strike and asked him where in Ireland he was from and when he moved...because I couldn't detect an accent. Of course, he'd never set foot in Ireland and would probably struggle to find it on a map but having to admit this pissed him off a bit more than I really intended.

Anyway, the conversation moved on to safer ground and the next question I got from the group was another perennial favourite "So, who do you support - Celtic or Rangers?"  I launched into my boiler-plate explanation that other fitba teams are available while wondering if anyone in this group would come out with the "You support a team called Fücker?" line.  Out of the blue, up pops Paddy, determined to reestablish his Gaelic credentials.

"Now see...this is what annoys me! You don't even know how to pronounce it. It's not Seltic, it's KELTIC!"

It'll be a while before I'm back over so could one of you let the Weegies know they're doing it wrong? Thanks.

14 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

This morning, a group of Americans and I were making small talk while waiting on a meeting to start. The topic of my accent came up, as it often does when meeting people for the first time. I was born in Scotland, grew up in England, spent time in Australia and have lived in the US for over 25 years, so admittedly, it's tricky to pin down. 

As tends to happen, one guy told me with pride that he was "Irish." I've heard this from many, many Americans over the years and while most just want to acknowledge our shared kinship, I had a strong feeling this was the type to give me a lecture me on British foreign policy. So,I got in a preemptive strike and asked him where in Ireland he was from and when he moved...because I couldn't detect an accent. Of course, he'd never set foot in Ireland and would probably struggle to find it on a map but having to admit this pissed him off a bit more than I really intended.

Anyway, the conversation moved on to safer ground and the next question I got from the group was another perennial favourite "So, who do you support - Celtic or Rangers?"  I launched into my boiler-plate explanation that other fitba teams are available while wondering if anyone in this group would come out with the "You support a team called Fücker?" line.  Out of the blue, up pops Paddy, determined to reestablish his Gaelic credentials.

"Now see...this is what annoys me! You don't even know how to pronounce it. It's not Seltic, it's KELTIC!"

It'll be a while before I'm back over so could one of you let the Weegies know they're doing it wrong? Thanks.

The folks over here love pretending they're from anywhere other than Shittown, Idaho. There's one particularly fucking obnoxious DNA advert - sorry, COMMERCIAL - that you've probably seen where a massively irritating woman with the deepest NOO JOISEY accent you've ever heard screechingly pronounces that she's actually from Italy. Which she's not. She's from New Jersey. 

I'd be happy if she'd died at Pompeii, tho.

6 minutes ago, JamieThomas said:

The folks over here love pretending they're from anywhere other than Shittown, Idaho. There's one particularly fucking obnoxious DNA advert - sorry, COMMERCIAL - that you've probably seen where a massively irritating woman with the deepest NOO JOISEY accent you've ever heard screechingly pronounces that she's actually from Italy. Which she's not. She's from New Jersey. 

I'd be happy if she'd died at Pompeii, tho.

I like the one with the boy who'd always thought he was German and you saw him doing the thigh-smacking thing with his lederhosen on. Then, thanks to Ancestry DNA (or whichever), he found out he's really a Scot and now he's wearing a kilt! If my culture meant I had to wear lederhosen, I'd sign up for the service in a heartbeat for the chance of a result like that.

16 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

I like the one with the boy who'd always thought he was German and you saw him doing the thigh-smacking thing with his lederhosen on. Then, thanks to Ancestry DNA (or whichever), he found out he's really a Scot and now he's wearing a kilt! If my culture meant I had to wear lederhosen, I'd sign up for the service in a heartbeat for the chance of a result like that.

Ah yes, Kyle. The guy who 100% voted Trump because he hates immigants.

c3662e06b5917c2df90fba8cf761a993.jpg

1 hour ago, Shotgun said:

Did anyone admit to supporting Fücker?