Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

5 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Isn't it odd there's some fruits that seem to have a brand, like Fyffes. I remember years ago outspan had adverts on telly for their oranges. Adverts! For oranges! Like what I'm supposed to believe all those generic off brand oranges were grown in worse soil with less sunshine than the nice juicy outspan ones? Or a fyffe banana is superior to those no name ones from Cameroon?

Madness.

He says no.

nintchdbpict000002004295.jpg

No see Del Monte at least chop up, preserve and can the fruit. That is OK. But just picking some Apples and calling them MixuBrand apples is what I'm saying is daft. Or more marketing them like they're any different to the next apple.
Bananas are effectively a lab controlled abomination of science, and an affront to mother nature.

On that basis I think branding is probably reasonable.

4 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

Isn't it odd there's some fruits that seem to have a brand, like Fyffes. I remember years ago outspan had adverts on telly for their oranges. Adverts! For oranges! Like what I'm supposed to believe all those generic off brand oranges were grown in worse soil with less sunshine than the nice juicy outspan ones? Or a fyffe banana is superior to those no name ones from Cameroon?

Madness.

Madness you say?

On 20/12/2019 at 09:29, supermik said:

Cross border booze run day! 😀

Was not really worth it. Wines, spirits  and prosecco much the same price as here. Not a great saving on T. The main deals were on 18 packs of Carling, Fosters and Strongbow, two packs for £20. Should have done my homework first and saved myself the bother.

20 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

Like what I'm supposed to believe all those generic off brand oranges were grown in worse soil with less sunshine than the nice juicy outspan ones?

Well, it was a choice between Outspan (apartheid) and Jaffa (shooting Palestinian kids).

On 20/12/2019 at 10:56, Romeo said:

It is very difficult these days to walk into a supermarket and buy a banana that is suitable for eating strait away.*

*Yes, I am winding down at work

Are you in Malaya?