Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

43 minutes ago, GordonD said:

But who gets to decide who the 'potential offenders' are?

I know; that's the problem.

Help for people who have actively asked for it would be a good start.

9 minutes ago, Angusfifer said:

Blackbirds are my new favourite species. Always full of positivity. Sometimes I whistle back to Brian when he pays me a visit in my back garden. 

Birds in general are great (sit where you are Kenneth!). I always think of the morning singing as them shouting about the fact they are alive for another day. They are inspirational to us greetin' faced humans. Fighting every day just to eat and avoid being eaten but yet they sing their wee hearts out.

Just this morning I was outside having a coffee and a biscuit and the boldest wee sparrow ever came up to me. He actually jumped up about a metre from me and cheeped for a bit of biscuit, took it from my fingers and flew away. 

Today?!

Edit: not sure why he's back on form; he's mostly been (bo)vine lately.

(best I've got, sorry)

I remember watching the CW cup final on TV many moons ago between Barca and Sampdoria. Cue much hilarity in the pub when Motson/Coleman/whoever welcomed the TV audience to the Wankdorff stadium in Bern

ETA - Quoted the wrong post about things called “w**k”. Can’t be arsed changing it

43 minutes ago, Mr Tourette said:

I remember watching the CW cup final on TV many moons ago between Barca and Sampdoria. Cue much hilarity in the pub when Motson/Coleman/whoever welcomed the TV audience to the Wankdorff stadium in Bern

ETA - Quoted the wrong post about things called “w**k”. Can’t be arsed changing it

The cricket stadium in Mumbai is called the Wankhede

A woman just appeared to have abandoned two young children on the riverside path outside my flat window, and she’s somehow ended up in the Clyde. Loads of police outside my place just now, a baby in a pram and a toddler have been taken away by the police. The woman, I assume to be the mother, has just been dragged up completely drenched. She was as kicking out and swearing at the the 4 officers, as they were dragging her up and threw her into the back of a van.

1b06e0e4-ba46-4428-b802-ac8cd27db71e.jpg

1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:

There seem to be loads of folk training for big fights. Cutting weight can surely be the only explanation for people still wearing massive coats in 23 degree heat

Shoplifting?

18 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

Poor kids. Incidentally those are nice flats down that way.

All things considered, it could have been a lot worse and I’d imagine the kids will be getting help. The flats are nice, pretty decent place to live actually. 

4 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Birds in general are great (sit where you are Kenneth!). I always think of the morning singing as them shouting about the fact they are alive for another day. They are inspirational to us greetin' faced humans. Fighting every day just to eat and avoid being eaten but yet they sing their wee hearts out.

Just this morning I was outside having a coffee and a biscuit and the boldest wee sparrow ever came up to me. He actually jumped up about a metre from me and cheeped for a bit of biscuit, took it from my fingers and flew away. 

There’s some lovely chirping in my back garden just now, can’t see it, but sat for an hour yesterday listening to it. I’ve also bought a green laser pen for the gulls, thought it was a pisstake but they don’t like it in the face 

1 hour ago, MONKMAN said:

A woman just appeared to have abandoned two young children on the riverside path outside my flat window, and she’s somehow ended up in the Clyde. Loads of police outside my place just now, a baby in a pram and a toddler have been taken away by the police. The woman, I assume to be the mother, has just been dragged up completely drenched. 

If it is how it reads (in my mind) then it's pretty harrowing. If she's just a jaked up mother who has fallen in the water then I hope she learns her lesson pretty sharpish. 

Edited by Mr. Alli

45 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

All things considered, it could have been a lot worse and I’d imagine the kids will be getting help. The flats are nice, pretty decent place to live actually. 

This sort of thing would never happen near my house.