Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

23 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

The limited sparring with mates I’ve done, I don’t remember being hurt by being hit in the head. It’s more like a strong push that your head gets. Body shots can be unpleasant though. Obviously I’ve never been down because I’m hard as nails (and it’s just with mates, we’re not going 100% and will give each other a chance to recompose if need be)

I must have had some serious arseholes for mates. I sadly remember that dull thudding feeling too often as the baterree rather than the batterrer, that shit hurt.

Sad that the Sweet Science is being tarred with the Eddie Hearn brush here by people every bit as ignorant of the nuances as the coked up Sweet Caroline fans they describe.

The same people decrying the mindless violence of it all probably think watching Floyd Mayweather or Pernell Whittaker is boring

I must have had some serious arseholes for mates. I sadly remember that dull thudding feeling too often as the baterree rather than the batterrer, that shit hurt.

When I sparred with teenage mates it was just haymakers and spite. More recently it’s been with boys who’ve done white collar, actually set foot in boxing gyms and are generally in to boxing...just doing it to keep fit and enjoyment, not just to try and hurt one another

4 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

When I sparred with teenage mates it was just haymakers and spite. More recently it’s been with boys who’ve done white collar, actually set foot in boxing gyms and are generally in to boxing...just doing it to keep fit and enjoyment, not just to try and hurt one another

In hindsight I probably should not have sparred with mates who did some amateur boxing, never mind , they enjoyed the target practice.

In hindsight I probably should not have sparred with mates who did some amateur boxing, never mind , they enjoyed the target practice.

Haha maybe, but you get better practicing against folk better than you...sometimes...

1 hour ago, throbber said:

Only a very small number of people actually like boxing, the majority of people who watch it are doing it for an excuse to stay up late taking coke or are trying to appear masculine for other people to see.

That's a bit like saying all football fans are Tommy Robinson football lads like you. 

3 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

Haha maybe, but you get better practicing against folk better than you...sometimes...

Yeah, you would think.....I did stop hurting my back so much when I got sparkled tbf so that's a bonus.

I used to be one of those that didn't like boxing at all. A couple of years back I won tickets to a boxing show in a raffle, the main fight of the night was a Scottish title fight. It was only when sat watching it in front of me that I appreciated the skill involved. A good, close fight is completely absorbing. 

4 hours ago, Dee Man said:

My missus loves watching boxing and if she's taking coke she's never offered me f**k all yet plus she's only about 75% masculine.

I'm not sure her smiling when you got punched in the face necessarily means she "loves watching boxing".

3 hours ago, Dee Man said:

A quick poll to decide what hearthammer's currently drinking:

A) Turps

B) Meths

C) Petrol

A friend brought back some rum from the Dominican Republic. The locals called in gasoline. We fired into it one night and were hammered for about 2 days. Really didn't feel like it was something humans should be drinking. He shoplifted a load of Monster Munch and running away was tricky as we were both barefooted.