Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

On 13/08/2020 at 15:37, Shandon Par said:

Of course, being a Freeman means you are above the law. Sincerest Be a wears to your boss.

My boss was off today and ofc he's drafted me in to the saga. I've had to send our response to "The living man x of the family x" from our apparently fraudulent and corporate department. 

I've signed my name as illegibly as possible but if he still deciphers it then it was nice knowing you all.

2 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

My boss was off today and ofc he's drafted me in to the saga. I've had to send our response to "The living man x of the family x" from our apparently fraudulent and corporate department. 

I've signed my name as illegibly as possible but if he still deciphers it then it was nice knowing you all.

"To The living man X of the family X,

I refer you to the answer given in Arkell v Pressdram 

Yours sincerely

The living man Not of the family The Pars"

Spoiler

The answer given in the case was "f*ck off"

Do you not work for Ladbrokes NotThePars? Did this guy lose a load on the 2:30 at Kempton and is now claiming that he doesn’t have to pay because you don’t legally exist and neither does the three legged nag he put the mortgage payment on?

36 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Makes my blood boil just reading about these tossers. Hope you punch him in the pus.

8 hours ago, Dee Man said:

I've just seen one of those 'My wee handsome boy going back to school'  posts on Facebook with a photograph of what I can only assume is her human child. A face only a mother could love. 

I saw one of these posts this morning, the young lad in question must've been about 6 foot and was wearing a Stone Island jumper on top of his school shirt. Looked like he was going to work the doors rather start second year at high school.

5 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Makes my blood boil just reading about these tossers. Hope you punch him in the pus.

I looked up "freemen of the land" on Wikipedia. The entry is quite amusing, especially the Judge's comments in a case in Canada that was mentioned.

In my Lockdown YouTube Rabbit Holes, stumbled on to No More Jockeys with Tim Key, Mark Watson, and Alex Horne playing their game over Zoom. Basically, they take turns naming famous people (either real or fictional) and then declaring no more or a category that their person belongs to. For example, Sharon Stone -- no more actors. So for the rest of the game no one can mention an actor or they can get challenged out of the game. The joy seems to come from them getting progressively drunker as the game progresses, the pool of potential people who match no category reaches the impossible, forgetting already existing categories, and Tim Key blindly refusing to accept that he is wrong about anything. 10 episodes so far. Got through them in a day. Here's episode one:

8 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Do you not work for Ladbrokes NotThePars? Did this guy lose a load on the 2:30 at Kempton and is now claiming that he doesn’t have to pay because you don’t legally exist and neither does the three legged nag he put the mortgage payment on?

I've actually started working in the civil service which makes this person's refusal to acknowledge our authoritah more enjoyable. I feel like a low level antagonist in a Kafka novel.

8 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

I've read a little bit of Weber so I'm enjoying his fury. Every time he kicks off I think of the Limmy bit:  "who you gonnae phone, the polis? we ur the polis"