Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Was just thinking that it's mad how much the last series of Game of Thrones just absolutely killed it.

I imagine it still makes loads of cash, but the interest in has died away so much. There used to be loads of merchandise kicking around and now that's greatly reduced. Folk were cutting around in GoT tshirts and that's greatly reduced. Folk were getting GoT tattoos and it appears that the demand for that is much reduced. This was all pre covid as well.

They really fucked it big time. I have absolutely no desire to ever watch any of it again and know quite a few folk who feel the same.

Was just thinking that it's mad how much the last series of Game of Thrones just absolutely killed it.
I imagine it still makes loads of cash, but the interest in has died away so much. There used to be loads of merchandise kicking around and now that's greatly reduced. Folk were cutting around in GoT tshirts and that's greatly reduced. Folk were getting GoT tattoos and it appears that the demand for that is much reduced. This was all pre covid as well.
They really fucked it big time. I have absolutely no desire to ever watch any of it again and know quite a few folk who feel the same.

We were going to rewatch it over lockdown. Had decided to treat ourselves to the 4K Blu-ray boxset but the more we thought about the last season the less we wanted to watch it.

And the best part for me, is the directors rushed it to take a new Star Wars trilogy that got binned.

Talking of puppies, my dog got run over by a (bell-less) cyclist last night. I could see him bombing along the path (there are signs everywhere telling folk to share the space carefully as there are kids/dogs/walkers doddling along everywhere) and could also see my dog running through the woods beside the path towards me, on a collision course with the silent biker. Tried waving the cyclist down to get him to slow down or go to the other side of the path but no joy and as the dog stepped out of the woods his front paw went right into the spokes. 

Poor pup was howling and waving his leg about in agony and I wasn't best pleased either. As I gathered up the dog, a mature lady runner went absolutely mental at the cyclist as she had got a fright too as he bombed past her without warning before hitting the dog. By then end the dog was wanting to comfort the cyclist, who was on the verge of tears from this bollocking from the lady jogger. Dog is okay anyway after dosing him up on painkillers last night. Cyclist probably shopping for a bell today. 

44 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

It's amazing how it disappeared from the public consciousness almost immediately after it finished.  It's almost like everyone made a decision to never speak of it again.  

Over the piece, I have done 3 watches of it, with the exception of the second last series, and the last one. I loved watching it over again firstly just because I had time then second time to get Mrs B involved. I thought I would rewatch it all at least one or two more times, then the last season came along......

She actually asked me if I wanted to rewatch it start to finish and honestly, there was just no way. They absolutely ripped the soul out it.

58 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I still haven't watched the last episode. Ruined it for myself by going on twitter the morning after it aired and I was just scunnered because I was looking forward to it despite the last series not being great.

At some point I will watch it again because it was brilliant telly.

Those people who petitioned for the last series to be rewritten are oddballs though.

39 minutes ago, virginton said:

Dogs not being on a lead cause about 95% of the problems on the shared pathways around here so I can't say that I've got too much sympathy for that story tbh. 

Yup, Greenock is a stinky brown-pathed shambles of a village due to dogs off their lead running away instead of cleaning up after their owners.

Disgustang.