Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

6 hours ago, NotThePars said:

Apparently the state and all it represents is "fraudulent" and "corporate" with no mandate to interfere in his, or anyone's, life. To lift a vT bit, I don't think he realises that whoever has a monopoly on delivering a truncheon to the face actually does have a mandate to interfere in people's lives.

They're in dispute with an arm of the state after having to do his civic duty and he's trying to use the state that he apparently doesn't recognise to sue anyone he can. I think he threatened my boss with a 5 digit fee if he doesn't refer to him by his proper title.

If he'd wanted to avoid jury service could he not have written "gone away" on the envelope like everyone else (allegedly) instead of acting the cnut :lol:

Btw it's interesting how "vexatious litigant" can be abbreviated to VL...

My pal and his girlfriend are getting married in 2 weeks out of nowhere.

I’ve been asked to write a speech and I’ve sat trying to figure out how to do one....

23 minutes ago, mizfit said:

My pal and his girlfriend are getting married in 2 weeks out of nowhere.

I’ve been asked to write a speech and I’ve sat trying to figure out how to do one....

“Hauns up all youse lads who ‘know’ the bride”. 

Always good to start with a little levity. 

8 hours ago, mizfit said:

There was a thread on here about wedding speeches.

The "and I hope you enjoy your honeymoon in Wales" and then when everybody looks surprised and confused then carrying on to "what? Have I ruined the surprise? He told me he was going to Bangor for a fortnight" line was a fucking beauty. 

3 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

There was a thread on here about wedding speeches.

The "and I hope you enjoy your honeymoon in Wales" and then when everybody looks surprised and confused then carrying on to "what? Have I ruined the surprise? He told me he was going to Bangor for a fortnight" line was a fucking beauty. 

A guy I know bought a load of dummy house keys and gave them to folk at the wedding then got up and said now that shes an honest woman, her dads asked me to ask anyone who still has a house key to hand it over, at which point about 30 guys got up and chucked the keys in. Father of the bride utterly seething. Perhaps a bit close tot he bone but one id have enjoyed seeing in person.

29 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

Just spent a magic afternoon dragging the family up Arthur's seat (insert meme).

Sometimes forget what a beautiful country this is.

sometimes I wonder if the fact that its brimmed full of total arseholes with 11 months of shite weather may contribute to this phenomenon

36 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

sometimes I wonder if the fact that its brimmed full of total arseholes with 11 months of shite weather may contribute to this phenomenon

When folk say things like '11 months of shite weather' do they really mean it?