Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Never seen Game of Thrones, never cared about it, will no doubt visibly cringe when I meet someone named Daenerys at some point in my life (I'm cringing at spellcheck not picking up on me typing that), am half tempted to watch it purely to see how badly it finished.

The series finales were all good, wrapped up the main plot of the series and set up for the next series.

It’s so evident that without the source material they were fucked. Most likely given a brief overlook of how it ends and instead of properly doing it half arsed it.

3 minutes ago, mizfit said:

The series finales were all good, wrapped up the main plot of the series and set up for the next series.

It’s so evident that without the source material they were fucked. Most likely given a brief overlook of how it ends and instead of properly doing it half arsed it.

It was more that they rushed it, which they've admitted to. That's why so many convenient things happen and why loads of things are just dropped/ignored/forgotten or, worse, inconsequential despite being built up as otherwise (Jon Snow's real identity being the most obvious and galling).

1 hour ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Never seen Game of Thrones, never cared about it, will no doubt visibly cringe when I meet someone named Daenerys at some point in my life (I'm cringing at spellcheck not picking up on me typing that), am half tempted to watch it purely to see how badly it finished.

It sounds like you care about it a great deal.

2 hours ago, virginton said:

Dogs not being on a lead cause about 95% of the problems on the shared pathways around here so I can't say that I've got too much sympathy for that story tbh. 

I used to race mountain bikes as a youngster and have covered thousands of miles cycling from Fife-Edinburgh and around various towns and cities. The only thing I've hit was a bollard and even then it's because I was hammered and it was dark. He had big earphones on too. Going at probably 25mph with one of your senses shut down along a path with signs telling cyclists to slow down, without a bell, is an accident waiting to happen. He maybe thought I was going to mug him as I was pretty much doing star jumps in front of him telling him to slow down. 

2 hours ago, ICTChris said:

People named their kids after characters in it.

My niece is called Arya. I did cringe a bit at first but she quite suits the name and I'm used to it now.

I think the worst name I've seen given to kids from TV shows is "Jax" or "Jaxon" after that gimp from Sons of Anarchy.

1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

I used to race mountain bikes as a youngster and have covered thousands of miles cycling from Fife-Edinburgh and around various towns and cities. The only thing I've hit was a bollard and even then it's because I was hammered and it was dark. He had big earphones on too. Going at probably 25mph with one of your senses shut down along a path with signs telling cyclists to slow down, without a bell, is an accident waiting to happen. He maybe thought I was going to mug him as I was pretty much doing star jumps in front of him telling him to slow down. 

That's great and all but you're causing just as much of a nuisance on a public path here by letting your dog run around under no control whatsoever. The onus isn't on everyone else - w****r cyclist or not - to interpret what your pet is going to do next so I find both parties to be at fault in this particular Judge Judy special. 

On 15/08/2020 at 14:38, mizfit said:

Someone in our office bought an inch of land and insisted on being addressed as lord, even sending a letter to a customer addressing himself as a lord.

On 15/08/2020 at 14:56, Mark Connolly said:

IIRC the gift boxes were a tenner in Waterstones a few years ago, which is why my dad, brother, and brother-in-law all received them that Christmas.

Since reading these posts the other day, these ads have started popping up all over the various websites I've been using of late. 

image.png.8838ac938aa7f324a7d48eb20e26f767.png 

b*****d internet cookies.