Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

10 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

That's above and beyond their standard level of uselessness tbh. I hate dealing with their advisors because they are generally rubbish and don't understand their own explicit consent rules. I'm currently trying to get them to understand why an advance should be written off in a bankruptcy and it is akin to teaching a Labrador mandarin emoji23.png

This was ESA and she was actually good.

19 hours ago, Sweet Pete said:

I'll bet.

We went to one recently that had been nailed shut from outside and the front door plastered with loads of hand scrawled notes rambling about religious stuff and anti christs. Inside was like that one. It's very sad as well as disgusting.

My colleague who worked at a council maintenance department before working with us has some truly eye popping, mind boggling, horrifying stories about the states some people live in. Think broken toilets unreported for years and massive mental health issues.

Remember a work colleague telling me about a maintenance job where the toilet was broken and the tenant had shit in the bath with a layer of paper between the shite, it was like - and I quote - "Lasagne".

13 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Remember a work colleague telling me about a maintenance job where the toilet was broken and the tenant had shit in the bath with a layer of paper between the shite, it was like - and I quote - "Lasagne".

That's exactly what this one was, though without the layered papers. The colleague in question was a works inspector for the council and would accompany them on forced entries to carry out gas certificates in properties where the tenant hadn't replied to arrange access. He said in 99 out of 100 cases the tenants were home when they forced entry and were living in a state of clear addiction / mental health hell in every case.

I remember a joiner once telling me he was sent to a house years ago to replace the worktops and upon dismantling the old ones found he wasn't familiar with the material. He sawed into it and discovered it was regular timber laminate worktops with years of layered newspaper over the top. The tenants had been lining the worktop with newspaper each day, cutting fish on them and then just layering new paper the following day again, for years.

Saw my brother today for the first time this year. He’d been fixing his fence at the weekend and had hammered his thumb. Quite an accident-prone bunch. You’d think it was something that only happened in cartoons but both me and my old man fell down trapdoors too. I got bitten by a horse and he fell off some whilst jaiked. Weird how things can run in families. My cousin rolled his car into a field, was fine, but got out and was bitten by a sheepdog. 

1 minute ago, Rasputin said:

Saw my brother today for the first time this year. He’d been fixing his fence at the weekend and had hammered his thumb. Quite an accident-prone bunch. You’d think it was something that only happened in cartoons but both me and my old man fell down trapdoors too. I got bitten by a horse and he fell off some whilst jaiked. Weird how things can run in families. My cousin rolled his car into a field, was fine, but got out and was bitten by a sheepdog. 

Frank Spencer had a family?

9 minutes ago, Rasputin said:

IMG_20210430_162119869.thumb.jpg.f59caa73414ea3b393c16828c792cb4e.jpg

Just another day for the Rasputin family

Got a bit pished last night so digestive cycle must have accelerated to rid system of badness and pooped out 3 perfectly formed undigested peas this morning. Seen undigested corn before, but never peas. Just floating about on the surface of the bog water. Have confirmed with wife she didn’t put them there beforehand. 

2 hours ago, Rasputin said:

Sounds like it was a busy weekend.

15 hours ago, Rasputin said:

:lol:

Not sure how it happened but this message managed to type itself out on Facebook messenger in a conversation with my mother last weekend 

4D8BEF71-49A7-4F26-BA18-EA6C34CD56C2.jpeg.a09d4dc0f2f079c66ddec8663ae2c2b0.jpeg
I dont think we need to know what you did in the porch tbh. I can well imagine....

On 30/04/2021 at 00:36, NotThePars said:

There was a really good thread on Twitter thread a while back where someone asked "how often have you got your deposit back and have you ever moved into a flat which was fully clean?"

Just really illuminating.

Many moons ago, I saw some presentation materials from a conference that an old landlord had helped to organise, and one of the pieces of advice to new landlords was never to return deposits. If you can't think of a reason to keep their money, you're not trying hard enough. And that was probably the least immoral of the things they were actually willing to put down on paper.

16 minutes ago, throbber said:

I don’t have a porch or wasn’t in a porch on the day it happened so f**k knows what I said for my phone to have typed that out.

Were you going to type “public convenience”?

Just had a read of the Stenhousemuir topic and some of the posts relating to Cox are disheartening to say the least. 
I had a quick look when I became aware of the story but then exited.

The improvement that needs to happen here is that folk need to forget which football team they support when discussing it, and just call shite behaviour shite.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Just had a read of the Stenhousemuir topic and some of the posts relating to Cox are disheartening to say the least. 

Aye, some people refuse to even try and understand the issue and chuck about absolute nonsense about it. It's not even their nonsense either much of the time, but rather garbage 'old school' pish they've heard or read.