Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

3 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

I've had a great weekend of it. Zero overtime, zero plans. I've been in the house chilling watching Netflix with my phone on airplane mode and only communication I've had is on here. No bevvy, no Ching.

Yesterday I ordered food from shax in Dundee. Burger was 9/10. Battered wings were, at a push, 4/10.

Just demolished half a garlic chilli donner on a naan from New Sheeros. Owners a walloper and I said I'd never use it after his antics in his last place but my usual spot is offline. 8/10. Half for tomorrow's tea.

I'm going into work tomorrow to kick the wasps nest a bit. Long overdue.

Nice one @Derry Alli.

Long may the good vibe continue.

I was half expecting tales from DDE this weekend.

Keep up the good work brother.

On 11/04/2023 at 09:17, scottsdad said:

My dad went on a curling tour of Canada in 2004 and absolutely loved the Tim Hortons there.

When they opened one here, my mum took him to it...all they had in common was the name. Utter shite here, he said.

KFC is very much the same. Totally indifferent to it here, but it's sensational in the States (or used to be, at any rate). Weirdly, the American chains that made it to the UK are generally the most mediocre - they have far better cholesterol repositories than we do.

McDonalds was the only transatlantic fast food I tried that was exactly the same in both countries. Wouldn't surprise me if it's identical everywhere in the world.

On 18/04/2023 at 10:39, stevieKTID said:

Brought the Dutch guys I play football with over for a few nights in Glasgow and then to the Killie game on Sunday ( thanks Killie for being utter dugmeat )

They're really tall and I'm not.

IMG_20230418_102952.jpg

Diego?!  :o

23 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Parts of a building where a certain concrete expert works have had to be closed down due to...dodgy concrete used in their construction.

Anticipation Popcorn GIF

22 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Playing a game for a team that I don't know a single person on the team, absolutely hate walking into a new team.

Hiya John Burridge, hiya pal.

Old boy who comes into my work daily got the all clear from cancer a few years back. Was great seeing how revitalised he became after.

In his 80s but still full of energy and helps us do lots.

About a month ago he just randomly collapsed when bending over to pick something up. About 2 weeks ago he started struggling to breathe when walking around and had to spend a weekend in hospital.

Yesterday we heard he has terminal cancer in his lungs, will never leave his house again unless its to go to a care facility as he can barely move, and ill likely never see him again.

Its fucking brutal how quickly things like this happen.

45 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

Go see the old boy. Take him something from the work, it'll make his day.

Think my bosses are trying to empty a day so we can all go see him, but hes one of those who absolutely hates a fuss so even now hes telling people not to bother doing anything like that as he doesnt need it.

Him and his wife have always been pretty private, and it was only my boss phoning them after he didnt turn up for a week that revealed how bad things had gotten.

34 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Think my bosses are trying to empty a day so we can all go see him, but hes one of those who absolutely hates a fuss so even now hes telling people not to bother doing anything like that as he doesnt need it.

Him and his wife have always been pretty private, and it was only my boss phoning them after he didnt turn up for a week that revealed how bad things had gotten.

I think its a nice thing to do, to go and see someone and effectively say goodbye. Say something warm and nice to them at the end, but I'm also torn on it. The images of people iv seen at the end of that journey haunt me. And in many ways, they infect and push their way in replacing some of what you really should remember that person to look like.  Not an easy decision. I tend to make it based on what I think they would want. 

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Old boy who comes into my work daily got the all clear from cancer a few years back. Was great seeing how revitalised he became after.

About a month ago he just randomly collapsed when bending over to pick something up. About 2 weeks ago he started struggling to breathe when walking around and had to spend a weekend in hospital.

Yesterday we heard he has terminal cancer in his lungs, will never leave his house again unless its to go to a care facility as he can barely move, and ill likely never see him again.

Its fucking brutal how quickly things like this happen.

Add me to the "Go see him" brigade.

When my dad was terminally ill, and I mean right at the end, having visitors made his day. Otherwise he was just in the house being ill. Someone from the outside world going in, telling stories/jokes, talking about any old shite was really good for him.

Also, a few people he thought were friends didn't come to visit him, and that hurt him a bit. Some guys he wasn't all that close to did come and visit, right to the very end, and I'll always respect them for that. They really made it better.

Honestly, half an hour and a cup of coffee can make the world of difference at this stage.

4 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Another complete overreaction from the management. Just give folk hard hats.

IMG_5302.gif

I look forward to hearing about the outcome of this plan.

7 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

It’s fucking brutal how quickly things like this happen.

It is unfortunate that in this situation, some people act as if the person with the cancer is contagious. His wife and he will have quite possibly found a number of previous visitors now have other things to do. If you can, as others have suggested, a wee visit, especially with a meal, and some remembrances from work, would probably go over a treat. If he’s as popular at work as you suggest, a slow and steady trickle of people with simple to store and prepare meals would be a good idea to take the sudden weight of his wife and ease things.

47 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Youngest stepdaughter's scumbag ex partner has managed to get his maintenance payments cut by £40.00/month. 

My step-daughter's dad once argued with us over his maintenance payments. He was paying the princely sum of £5 per week. We even told him he was paying for her school dinners, so he could see that he was at least feeding his daughter. 

He went to the CSA to appeal to get it cut. The appeal was rejected but whilst they were considering it he stopped payments.