Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

12 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Absolutely. Wallyford is internationally known for it's high % of Nobel Prize and Fields Medal winners. 😉

That and jim Jeffries was born in a house about 3 doors away.

54 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I'd expect a cure for cancer imminently then.

I expect they'll be too busy playing pool with a paedo they met at the bus stop.

Edited by welshbairn

2 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

I spent an hour yesterday unsubscribing from shite marketing emails - usually from companies I'd bought something from but have no plans to do so again or from news outlets I'd signed up for just to read one article.

It feels as if my inbox has had a detox - though I will miss, "Carnoustie mum ripped out neighbour’s hair extensions over Facebook dispute".  Sorry, Courier.

That was a good story. To actually read that though you must have subscribed and you would have potentially read a story today about football fans in Montrose trying to raise funds to erect a monument to two of Montrose’s famous football sons, John McGovern and Gordon Smith, who won the top league in Scotland with three different clubs none of which were Celtic or Rangers. I am one of those fans. Please give generously.

11 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

That was a good story. To actually read that though you must have subscribed and you would have potentially read a story today about football fans in Montrose trying to raise funds to erect a monument to two of Montrose’s famous football sons, John McGovern and Gordon Smith, who won the top league in Scotland with three different clubs none of which were Celtic or Rangers. I am one of those fans. Please give generously.

I am chuffed AF for John and Gordon being recognised in this way.  Good on the folk of Scotland's NE.

BUT that update from DC Thompson would have been sandwiched between, "Secure tomorrow's gin at today's prices.  Buy gin futures" and "We saw you bought an Italian linen jaiket for a waddin' in Larkhall.  Can we introduce you to our latest line in tartan sarongs?"

Along with unsubscribing from a few dozen 'marketing' sites I deleted 2,600 emails.

It's liberating.

2 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I am chuffed AF for John and Gordon being recognised in this way.  Good on the folk of Scotland's NE.

BUT that update from DC Thompson would have been sandwiched between, "Secure tomorrow's gin at today's prices.  Buy gin futures" and "We saw you bought an Italian linen jaiket for a waddin' in Larkhall.  Can we introduce you to our latest line in tartan sarongs?"

Along with unsubscribing from a few dozen 'marketing' sites I deleted 2,600 emails.

It's liberating.

I’ve started doing that on a daily basis, but get fed up after two or three. Well done to you for actually doing it in a meaningful way.