Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

15 hours ago, RH33 said:

I think Easter and Halloween have become much bigger things since social media. 

I didn't even buy mine an egg as we were away Easter weekend 🙈

£700 on birthday parties is fucking nuts. But again it's social media and keeping up with others. However in her defence places like softplay have really started ripping the piss out of the prices.

The Social Media stuff/need to be noticed is off the chart and only going to get worse.

Niece recently attended a TikTok themed 6th birthday party, where some young lassie comes along and is paid to teach the kids the latest dances etc that are popular on there just now. Stuff then no doubt uploaded to the platform by parents desperate for likes and attention, practically brainwashing their kids who have barely started school into the same needy shite as well. Fucking depressing tbh.

Edited by 'WellDel

4 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

Social media is a fucking cancer.

Easily one of the worst things to happen to modern society and its only going to get worse.

23 hours ago, scottsdad said:

My step-daughter's dad once argued with us over his maintenance payments. He was paying the princely sum of £5 per week. We even told him he was paying for her school dinners, so he could see that he was at least feeding his daughter. 

He went to the CSA to appeal to get it cut. The appeal was rejected but whilst they were considering it he stopped payments. 

Maybe he assumed she was now your financial responsibility?

2 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

does P&B not count as Social Media then? 

Or is it anti-social media, ya bunch of ratbags

Yes and I hate you all.

5 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

I once saw a “Happy Easter from The Dog” card.

(no it wasn’t from the wife before you ask)

Some company is missing a play by not offering cards from the “dog” that say “Happy Easter from the Bitch”…

5 hours ago, 'WellDel said:

The Social Media stuff/need to be noticed is off the chart and only going to get worse.

Niece recently attended a TikTok themed 6th birthday party, where some young lassie comes along and is paid to teach the kids the latest dances etc that are popular on there just now. Stuff then no doubt uploaded to the platform by parents desperate for likes and attention, practically brainwashing their kids who have barely started school into the same needy shite as well. Fucking depressing tbh.

While I’m generally opposed to Gubinment control of this kinda thing, the banning of TikTok over here is causing me pause…

29 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Tiktok especially needs to f**k all the way off. 

Genuinely creeps me out when I find out adults use it.

1 minute ago, Derry Alli said:

I'm that tired I can't be bothered going to get a jumper to put on and have taken a pair of joggers and currently using them as a makeshift arm warmth retainer.

I wash myself with a rag on a stick.

On 30/04/2023 at 22:55, BTFD said:

KFC is very much the same. Totally indifferent to it here, but it's sensational in the States (or used to be, at any rate). Weirdly, the American chains that made it to the UK are generally the most mediocre - they have far better cholesterol repositories than we do.

Must be all the chlorine and hormones they pump the chickens full of.

8 hours ago, ICTChris said:

BRB, off to phone HMRC and tell them I’ve overpaid my corporation tax.

Easier done than you might think. April 2020 - and remember how the world was working then - I was doing my online PAYE of which £160.00 was due.

Except I missed the decimal point. Shat myself, phoned everyone and their dug involved but no one would help. The guy on the helpline at HMRC even said could I not just leave it as an overpayment to be paid down? Aye, but it’d take the guts of 8 years! Naw, please give me my money back!! In fairness, all squared off in about 2 months but by f**k was I kicking myself. Easy done…