Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

1 hour ago, Rugster said:

Not sure about Scotland but it would look brilliant standing just beside Maggie Thatchers grave. 

I was thinking pissing into the Diana memorial river thing as the Express media coverage would lead.to some cracking posts in 'Normal Island' thread.

Edited by RH33

1 hour ago, RH33 said:

I was thinking pissing into the Diana memorial river thing as the Express media coverage would lead.to some cracking posts in 'Normal Island' thread.

Surprised that still exists, although I suppose I shouldn't be.

5 hours ago, approximately dave said:

Too noisy

https://www.dutchnews.nl/2023/08/amersfoots-pissed-off-polar-bear-no-longer-pees-at-night/

The giant polar bear sculpture will no longer 'urinate' into the canal in the Dutch city of Amersfoort at night - Paul Peeters/Dutch News

Which Scottish town or city would be happy to relieve the Dutch of this .......er piece of art. Where would it be most appropriate? Edinburgh outside the Parliament Buildings?? Aff a bridge over the M8 onto traffic?? On the Main Stand roof at the Caledonian Stadium??

Any takers?

Surely a shoe-in for Ice Station Broadwood.

1 hour ago, BTFD said:

Surprised that still exists, although I suppose I shouldn't be.

It's shoved into a corner of Hyde Park and won Private Eye's "Worst New Building" Award (I know)

Having seen it I don't mind it too much and kiddies like paddling in it 

Visit the Elfin Oak too if you're down that way, it was an old tree that a guy in the 1930s carved wee elf figures into. Spike Milligan helped restore it later on 

On 06/08/2023 at 13:30, tamthebam said:

The Crooked House: Fire rips through famed 'wonky' pub - BBC News

Historic, distinctive building is sold and suddenly goes on fire....

It's almost like Glasgow Council are on holiday in the area. 

And no surprise to anyone the Crooked House has been demolished.

So a building that stood for 250 years and was a cherished landmark is suddenly gone and some spiv developer b*****d will put up a concrete block in its place.

There's too much of this goes on.

52 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

And no surprise to anyone the Crooked House has been demolished.

So a building that stood for 250 years and was a cherished landmark is suddenly gone and some spiv developer b*****d will put up a concrete block in its place.

There's too much of this goes on.

Former Labour MP for Dudley North, Lord Ian Austin, an independent peer, tweeted it emerged during Saturday's events the "lane to the pub" was "apparently blocked". Such circumstances appeared to be corroborated by comments from a firefighter.

Station commander Liam Hilton of Staffordshire Fire Service said "[there were] mounds of mud and soil placed in the centre of the road and covering the whole of [it]", which meant, he added, that appliances could not gain direct access to the incident.

He said: "So it was a good 800 metres to approximately 1,000 metres' distance that we had to get our water via a high volume pump, that worked very well once it was in place, so there was quite a lot of work involved."

34 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

Eating cheese and onion crisps after boiled egg and salad cream on toast is not a pleasant taste sensation.

Eat the crisps whilst eating your sandwich/toastie, not after.

Also S&V would be the crisp of choice for a egg toastie.

Wrong time of the day to post this but still...

Why does the local milkman drive an ancient and noisy flatbed Ford Transit, people in the early 1900 sussed that if you're driving about at 3am you want to be in the quietest vehicle possible.

Add it to concord in terms of technological decay.

5 minutes ago, 101 said:

Wrong time of the day to post this but still...

Why does the local milkman drive an ancient and noisy flatbed Ford Transit, people in the early 1900 sussed that if you're driving about at 3am you want to be in the quietest vehicle possible.

Add it to concord in terms of technological decay.

How about the wrong century?

Haven't seen a milkman since I was a wean.