Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

13 minutes ago, oldbitterandgrumpy said:

Oh dear. Mrs OB&G bought some stuff from that site. She now wants me to sign up and get introductory discounts. Should I be alarmed?

Yes.

10 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

It’s legit stuff. It is as per the 2D image. But it is also the cheapest shitiest stuff you could ever think to put the effort into manufacturing. The packaging costs and lasts longer. 

Not particularly 'legit', although not sure what folk expect for such prices. Been hearing online that loads of folk have had their accounts swiped after buying something from them.

13 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

It’s legit stuff. It is as per the 2D image. But it is also the cheapest shitiest stuff you could ever think to put the effort into manufacturing. The packaging costs and lasts longer. 

It's also a great way to get peoples name and address, bank details, cookies and the app reporting back to what's on your phone.

The fact that youtube have no problem advertising those scams with the fake billionaire getting on his private jet inviting you to join his get rich quick scheme and others like it makes me instantly be wary of whatever they are peddling next. No way would i engage with anything on it.

Its wild how such a massively popular platform can be so unscrupulous with regard to who they let advertise on them.

I quite like that thing that temu have that folds and presses your gyozas though. I make them by hand and its a pain in the arse.

8 hours ago, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

Its wild how such a massively popular platform can be so unscrupulous with regard to who they let advertise on them.

Yes they behave like a newly established company accepting coin from any old source rather than using their considerable wealth to protect their customers. 

See also:

Facebook

Twitter

Instagram

Snapchat

Microsoft 

I get adverts for Temu on here tbf. I just can’t understand why people think products could possibly be that cheap and still have any kind of quality. Shipped all the way from China to go straight to landfill here.

Sod teemu, shein and the likes. Get these lads back on the road. Oh man, those were the days, no online shopping,  yer ma's pal would come round wi the catalogue and an order form.

DGjv2UeXgAM1p-B.jpg

7 minutes ago, philpy said:

Sod teemu, shein and the likes. Get these lads back on the road. Oh man, those were the days, no online shopping,  yer ma's pal would come round wi the catalogue and an order form.

^^^^ Used to love the women's underwear pages

30 minutes ago, philpy said:

DGjv2UeXgAM1p-B.jpg

Mind there was a card you had to stick in the window for the driver to see if you had a return.

1 hour ago, philpy said:

DGjv2UeXgAM1p-B.jpg

Poor bastirt got robbed every Friday in Whitfield. :lol:

ETA : they changed delivery to a Sunday to try stop it,  think they blamed boys being pished from the pub. Never worked.

Edited by Derry Alli

2 minutes ago, Cosmic Joe said:

More information/ pics required

The poster Grim O'Grady (Spartans fan) tried to organise a P&B pubcrawl in Edinburgh. Must have been about ten years ago. No-one went apart from one of his Spartans mates due to him being an absolute oddball but they kept updating the thread as if everyone was interested. "In our third pub now, just ordered a half" and stuff like that. Proper car-crash viewing.

54 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

Driving an automatic today, pulls the trailer seamlessly but I'm finding g it very difficult to not have to change gear at junctions or have anything to do with my left foot.

Driving my wife's automatic last week, for some reason approaching the roundabout I tried to change gear, my left foot hit the brake, and the Range Rover driver behind me crapped themselves. First time I've done that in a few years.