Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Did the 3 Peaks challenge at the start of the month to raise money for Strathcarron Hospice - Ben Nevis for me was the easiest of the 3 but have to say it was a nice day and the view from the top is amazing.

Fair play to you, 8mile. We met people doing the 3 peak challenge on the way down. Ben Nevis was a piece of piss tbh.

How did you enjoy the ice bath thing and the electric shocks at Tough Mudder? I was talking to my mate last night who did it and said these two were the worst.

Your mate is spot on Dee Man. The ice bath was brutal - never been so cold in my life. Couldn't catch my breath, was genuinely crippled with cold.

Out of the electric bits, Electric Eel was definitely the worst. A pretty miserable obstacle. As we neared it we could hear the screams of men and women as they struggled through it. Saw the sign and knew what was coming. f**k, it's electric eel. Arrived to find people commando crawling at snails pace through it. One guy got his arse shocked, I watched as the bolt hit his cheek and he squealed. Then, one brave soul got down on all fours and bulldozed through the wires and shallow water, water going everywhere, and he made it to the end. He set the example, we all knew this was the way to go. Eventually I looked to the heavens, said my prayers and followed suit. The first shock is the worst because you don't know how it feels. The shocks "shock" you to the one side you are shocked, so to speak. I got hit 3 times as I rhino-ed through. Water splashing in my face, blindly crawling as fast as i can to the end with wires full of 10,000 volts in my face. It was the worst obstacle of the day for me.

After a pub crawl from Glasgow to Fort William, and with the worst hangover I've ever had, I climbed Ben Nevis. It wasn't particularly hard given its height.

Fair play to you as well, Smurph. Glasgow to Fort William is a long way. You must have been burst.

Ben Nevis is really easy. Apparently the North face is harder and more exciting but who needs to know that? You've climbed the highest mountain in Britain. That's all that matters.

I climbed Nevis when I was hungover and 2.5 stone heavier than I am now and hated it. Really didn't help that the 'tourist route' is all steps which effectively makes it like walking up a 45 degree slope the whole way.

That was the day where a couple of friends I was with set the target of doing all the munros whereas I decided to tick off every other (now) SPFL and Highland League ground by the end of the next season as a replacement challenge... which I managed to do (just!).

I can't agree to ignoring something great such as Foinaven in place of a boring Ben Chonzie just because the latter is a few metres higher anyway.

Edited by Hedgecutter

Fair play to you as well, Smurph. Glasgow to Fort William is a long way. You must have been burst.

I should confirm that we never walked, and got the train/bus via Crianlarich, Tyndrum, Kingshouse and Fort William, but after drinking from 12:30pm to 3am and attending the simply wonderful Ossians nightclub, before sleeping in a room which felt like sleeping on the sun, it was pretty fucking horrible.

Got my hair cut today. The barber cut the top a bit short though. Oh well.

I'm scared of Eastern European barbers (regardless of how fit). The first one gave the back of my head a #2 pretty much up to the crown and the second did near the same.

My partner has made me a cup of tea with a biscuit and she is now taking the bins out,looks like im buying a new couch or something similiar

Look in the bin next to the toilet.

she has her own and it was replaced this year,so its not a new car and now she has asked "what game you want to watch" :o

Holy shit man you're in trouble...

It's either a big purchase or a bambino...