Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

I raise you the accompanying classic which is Hallo aus Berlin (mit Rolli und Rita):

Flashbacks of everyone's favourite guy at 2:55 btw. But...

BOOOOOOMMMMMM!!!...

A decade and a half later and Daniel's still a c*** btw.

Edited by Hedgecutter

I raise you the accompanying classic which is Hallo aus Berlin (mit Rolli und Rita):

Flashbacks of everyone's favourite guy at 2:55 btw. But...

BOOOOOOMMMMMM!!!...

A decade and a half later and Daniel's still a c*** btw.

I remember it well!

Mind the listening test that was the sound of bed springs squeaking followed by a large thud then "Ow! Ow! Es tut weh!"

Much laughter was had.

Anyone know what can happen if you don't pay a fine for not having a valid ticket to use pubic transport abroad?

I got a fine on the S-Bahn in Berlin, the guy said I had 14 days to pay it but I leave in 7. He took my passport details and my home address, but what can he actually do? If it stops me getting on the plane home I'll definitely pay it (especially with the airport drama I've had already), but if not I'm really struggling to think what they could do with my home address. Send me a letter "strongly advising" me to pay it?

Anyone know about shit like this? Ta.

Anyone know what can happen if you don't pay a fine for not having a valid ticket to use pubic transport abroad?

I got a fine on the S-Bahn in Berlin, the guy said I had 14 days to pay it but I leave in 7. He took my passport details and my home address, but what can he actually do? If it stops me getting on the plane home I'll definitely pay it (especially with the airport drama I've had already), but if not I'm really struggling to think what they could do with my home address. Send me a letter "strongly advising" me to pay it?

I got two driving fines in Australia, which I didn't bother paying before I left. I got a few letters sent to my home address threatening me with court action before they eventually stopped.

sjc is the local expert on not paying for stuff - shouldnae be long.

Was more interested in an Ad Lib lecture on stealing teebs.

Edit: Cheers Monkman. To make matters worse, he made a few references to what I have to do before I get back to England and then asked me what my home city is. I gave him my best "you are a fucking c**t" look, and said "Edinburgh, which by the way is not in England". I don't think this helped, amazingly.

Edited by Guest

You'll be fine. Luckily the Germans don't have a reputation for being very strict when it comes to law and order.

Fake address every time.

Back home I'd completely agree, but seeing as I was going with the whole "whoops, I just made a mistake, honest", I was utterly shiting it that (somehow) he'd find out I was full of shite and take me to the station like he'd threatened to do previously.

I hate getting public transport abroad, simply because I'm always worried about buying the wrong type of ticket for the wrong service on the wrong day... and if I manage that right, stamping it in the wrong bit etc etc etc.

Plus I never have a feckin clue where I'm going, largely because the place names on the front of the bus are usual obscure bits of suburb which the thing links via the important bits you're interested in.

Did he catch you by saying "Good luck" as you were boarding, and you stupidly turned round and answered in English like a proper fanny?

Since my last post a huge f*ckin fire has broken out at the scrappy near the golf course about 2 miles away.

About 20 appliances there so far and the sky has gone black, loads of exploding sounds and a horrendous smell.

Like a scene from Apocolypse

post-1240-0-05860200-1405027747_thumb.jp